HTML in Client Task Emails - Send Beautiful client tasks

• 28 December 2021
  • 28 replies

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

How are you thinking of creating the list?

I think, but I’m not sure, that there may be access to client tasks via the API. If so, I’ll make a list of past requests.

Alternatively, we may have the accountants make comprehensive document request lists and store them in a spreadsheet and link the spreadsheet to the work template. It’ll be an admin step to open the spreadsheet, copy the unique tasks, and paste them into the client request section. Pasting from a spreadsheet gives you the option to create a unique task for each row.

We may come up with something total different as well. I’m still not sure.

Also, when I have used product like TaxCaddy etc. the generic list always is tough for those with Schedule C/E etc.

That’s a good point about the Schedule C returns. We discovered that the work is different enough that they get their own list and work template, which is something we plan to implement this year. We toyed with the idea of creating a work item for just the schedule C-related tasks and treat it like we treat the partnerships and s-corps where the individual return waits for the business return to complete. Also, once the schedule c is done, any of the younger preparers can finish up the return. The CPAs don’t need to spend their time doing the rest of the return when their expertise is only really needed for the schedule.

We’re still playing around with it. 😀

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@max  Any recent updates to this?  We’ve been using Jotform for years and really like it, but we haven’t done anything to integrate the workflow into Karbon client data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks @Coral!

You may find that just using a little HTML to format your client task emails is a good place to start. I haven’t tested it, but we are planning to use bold to set off important dates like this:

If we do not hear from you, we will file your 1099s by <b>January 31, 2022</b>.

Here’s a list of text formatting HTML tags that should work. I’d love to hear about any of this you implement.

Link: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_formatting.asp