Question

Unroll.me VS SaneBox VS Others?

• 14 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Anyone have best practices for keeping junk/spam email from filling up Low Priority? I'm currently clearing 100+ spam emails from my Low Priority each day. If I miss it one day it compounds greatly!

I've heard of Unroll.me and SaneBox as tools to filter this at the Gmail or Outlook level before its pushed into Karbon/Triage. 

Anyone have a setup for truly using Low Priority as a Someday bucket of emails, and not excessive spam/junk filling it up where its unmanageable?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

The only thing I can suggest is relentless unsubscribing. It’s a little dangerous these days since I think some spammer will catch on to the best way to get you to click on something is to put a somewhat hidden unsubscribe button near the bottom of a mailchimp-looking email.

Both outlook and Gmail have excellent filter actions.

When using your email address to sign up for things, you can add a + code. Ex: gary.wood+ebay.com@supercoolcpas.com works the same as gary.wood@supercoolcpas.com, but comes through with the information after the “+”. I use this to help filter out spam that comes through from me using my email to sign up for stuff.

I don’t think there’s an easy way to handle it, but maybe someone else has a good suggestion! 😀