Here’s how our firm is currently working on personal productivity! Please feel free to comment and share! 😊
We’re reading "Getting Things Done" by David Allen and completing the following steps:
- Each week you will set an intention based on your reading.
- Each day you will make a plan to accomplish your intention.
- Use the PDRA cycle (Plan, Do, Reflect, Adjust)
- At the end of each day, you will reflect on the day’s effort to see if you accomplished your intention or if you need to make an adjustment.
- Each week you will create a post in the class Teams channel that lists your intention for the week.
- Each day you will comment at least once per day on your weekly post and include all steps of the PDRA cycle.
- Each day you must read and comment on at least one other staff member’s reflection.
Getting Things Done by David Allen was a game-changing book for me. The biggest thing I learned from it was that the brain is good for a few things and terrible at other things, but we ask it to handle it’s worst things and then get upset when we miss something. So much anxiety from that.
Computers are good at some things, and humans are good at other things. Your brain will relax when it has a trusted system on which to rely. It opens up creativity, peace, and productivity.
I love it.
Yes! So true! One of my favorite quotes from Chapter 1 is “You must use your mind to get things off your mind.” Once we do this, we will be able to function at a maximum level.
I just wish I had read this book in college lol