Karbon - Slack Integration - Beta Testing - Just do it!

• 2 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
  • Sr. Community Champion
  • 340 replies

My company has been involved with the Beta testing of the Karbon - Slack integration and it has been awesome. I can’t wait for the official rollout of this integration so the rest of the community can try this new feature

• Basically this integration allows you to take a note made in Slack and tag it to a Karbon contact timeline or a Karbon Contact and Work timeline.
  • It is really easy to set up and use.  There is a very low learning curve involved.

If you ever get the opportunity to beta-test something, I highly recommend jumping on it.  The experience has been wonderful.  They value your feedback and changes are made to improve any bugs or issues that arise during testing based on this feedback. I have enjoyed watching the product evolve and become better and easier to use.

GREAT JOB KARBON TEAM!  😃

5 replies

Badge

Hey Diane

great to see your post.  Our client wants us to use Slack to communicate.   We haven’t been using slack before and we want our main platform to be Karbon, however, trying to accommodate our client and work something out.   We would want to use Slack linked to Karbon.  I was very excited to see that you are tagging posts in slack back to Karbon contacts.   Can it be linked to work?  even tasks in Karbon?

Many thanks in advance

Olivia

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The integration allows you to tag a conversation to a client’s timeline or a work item’s timeline.  If you choose the work item, it will appear in both timelines.  At this time, the integration only tags these two places.  You cannot tag it to a task.

It hasn’t been released yet but it will be very useful once it is.

It is very easy to navigate.  You click the three dots for More Actions in slack and one of the options will be Post as Note in Karbon. You can add a title to the note, tag to a contact, tag to work, and/or assign the note to yourself or a collogue.   

Badge

Sounds excellent.   Do you know if the Beta testing is still live and can other users get invited?  Do you know the time frame when it will be available ?

How does Karbon connect with Slack -  by API ?

I dont know Slack much, but catching up and learning.  Our client sent us a slack invite, guess this is an invite to their channel (?)   The client invite made this a private channel invite, ie we cannot add users etc, I dont like that because that way we cannot control the users from our side.  I assume if the channel is private, would this cause issues with the Karbon connection to Slack?   I would be very grateful for any feeedback  and sorry for my zero Slack knowledge   -  we just got a Slack account now, so will catch up fast.   Many thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The Beta testing is ongoing, but I don’t think it is open to other testers at this time.  A release date has not been set yet.  I recommend watching the roadmap webinars when they come up.  They let you know when new features will be released and what may be coming in the future.  These are very informative. You should also subscribe to the Product update area here in the community.

Slack was added to our company's Slack in the Apps section.  This is the same area where you can link your calendar.

If you are only an invited user of their Slack channel, I don’t know if the integration will work the same.  This is a good question to forward to the Karbon Team in charge of this process. I will ask.

Badge

Many thanks Diane!  Really appreciated