Welcome to Karbon's AI Beta

Userlevel 5

Welcome the to Karbon AI Beta!

We are very excited to be launching some exciting new features. We will be launching these features over the coming weeks and look forward to working with you to improve Karbon and our new AI features! We will be starting with the summarize feature, enabling you to summarize email threads quickly and easily. Can you please all check your triage and see if you see the following summary feature:

If so, you and your team are good to start using the feature. Please let us know in the comments if you experience any issues or have any initial feedback.

Additional features will be enabled for your firm shortly. Please check back regularly for more information

68 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Not sure if it has been mentioned anywhere before but I would love if the ‘Summarise’ feature extended to notes & comments (both internal & external), not just emails 🙏🏽

Userlevel 1
Badge

I noticed that the Summarize box on a thread this morning showed “Outdated” after I sent an additional email in the thread - I think clicked Summarize again and was disappointed that the ‘updated’ summary contained less useful information and just less information in general than the original ‘outdated’ summary.  FYI.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Similar to @Dana Maxwell 

When I initially replied to the email thread, then ran a summarize, the Summary didn’t include my reply for several minutes.   I wasn’t able to re-run a Summarize function.  Then ~10min later, i came back and saw this “oudated” message and the ability to run Summarize.

Concerned someone could run Summarize and not have 100% of the activity in the Summary?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I got my first error message using Summarize, saying it was too long:

Userlevel 5

One in issue we are running into is: if I click “✨ Summarize” after a colleague leaves a comment and then later that colleague comments again, their name/profile picture aren’t displayed so it looks like an “anonymous” comment without an author.  See below:

@Whitney Saunders is this happening every time or just in this one instance?

Userlevel 5

First of all - LOVE THIS!

I guess confirm that the summary feature will only work on emails/threads where the email is all happening in Karbon.  Case - not all our colleagues use Karbon - so when they email a client out of Outlook and then it becomes part of a thread for me in Karbon - the feature will only summarize MY involvement in the thread - or should I say - my email and email directly to me - it will not summarize information that the colleagues emailed out to a client?

@Dana Maxwell the summary should work for all messages in the conversation - if you can see the email sent from your colleague to a client in Karbon and click Summarize, those should appear in the summary. 

Userlevel 5

Not sure if it has been mentioned anywhere before but I would love if the ‘Summarise’ feature extended to notes & comments (both internal & external), not just emails 🙏🏽

We are aware of this request but thank you for raising it again!

Userlevel 5

Similar to @Dana Maxwell 

When I initially replied to the email thread, then ran a summarize, the Summary didn’t include my reply for several minutes.   I wasn’t able to re-run a Summarize function.  Then ~10min later, i came back and saw this “oudated” message and the ability to run Summarize.

Concerned someone could run Summarize and not have 100% of the activity in the Summary?

@leeseinmt Thank you for raising this! What was the last message you sent before creating the initial summary? Also, are you able to recreate this or has this happened one time?

Userlevel 5

I noticed that the Summarize box on a thread this morning showed “Outdated” after I sent an additional email in the thread - I think clicked Summarize again and was disappointed that the ‘updated’ summary contained less useful information and just less information in general than the original ‘outdated’ summary.  FYI.

@Dana Maxwell are you able to share the email thread/summary with me either here or privately?

Userlevel 2
Badge

One in issue we are running into is: if I click “✨ Summarize” after a colleague leaves a comment and then later that colleague comments again, their name/profile picture aren’t displayed so it looks like an “anonymous” comment without an author.  See below:

@Whitney Saunders is this happening every time or just in this one instance?

@Logan Baillie I tested it a bit, and this does not happen every time. This also occasionally happens with emails that break the comment chain and Karbon is aware of that issue. I assume the Summarize feature is working in the same way.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Logan Baillie this happend to me once before but I couldn’t recall the exact circumstances to document it.

The last email I sent before hitting Summarize was the one last night, following up on status.  i sent that email, then Summarize, and my email from last night didn’t show up in the Summary.

Then 10 minutes, later, the Summary showed as “outdated” and I had the option to Summarize again.

I have not run Summarize since that initial one last night.  HOwever, now last night’s email shows up in the Summary.  I assume that the Summary now shows as outdated since there has been activity in the thread today.

Also, in an effort to test this, I just ran Summarize, and it excludes an email sent by someone else an hour ago. See below

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Logan Baillie I’d like the ability to delete a Summary if possible 😅

Userlevel 2

Really appreciate being added and we think the Summarize feature is great!    One thing I noticed is that I don’t think it includes the internal comments - There are some threads where this would be a nice addition.  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Really appreciate being added and we think the Summarize feature is great!    One thing I noticed is that I don’t think it includes the internal comments - There are some threads where this would be a nice addition.  Thanks!

Our summaries (checked one from late last week) are definitely summarising the internal comments too 🙂

I/we do not have access. 

I wanted to request a feature in the email task AI feature. I noticed a few things.

1. I cannot insert a line break between sentences in the email. Even if I say ‘insert a line break’ it will not enter one.
  2. I cannot actually hyperlink anything in the email. This would be a great feature.
  3. I cannot exclude the departing message. I already have an email signature but it will always end the email with ‘Best regards, Tyler Wilcox’. This makes it look inauthentic as my email signature appears right below.
Userlevel 2

I small change that could be VERY helpful… an “undo” if you don’t like the changes the AI made to your email!!!  Please upvote this if you like the idea!

Doesn’t look like I have the “summarize” option! I logged out and logged back in, too.