Welcome to Karbon's AI Beta

Userlevel 5

Welcome the to Karbon AI Beta!

We are very excited to be launching some exciting new features. We will be launching these features over the coming weeks and look forward to working with you to improve Karbon and our new AI features! We will be starting with the summarize feature, enabling you to summarize email threads quickly and easily. Can you please all check your triage and see if you see the following summary feature:

If so, you and your team are good to start using the feature. Please let us know in the comments if you experience any issues or have any initial feedback.

Additional features will be enabled for your firm shortly. Please check back regularly for more information

68 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Yep! Summarize is now in my Karbon Triage.

LFG!

Userlevel 1

I’m able to Summarize in my Karbon Triage but my team member, Barb Bovard, doesn’t have feature.   Is there something she needs to do on her end in order to have feature added to her Karbon?

Userlevel 1

This is going to be such a huge timesaver.   The accuracy of summarizations is incredible.   

Just a couple of observations from initial summarizations: 1) on occasion it is including links for uploading files and calendar appointments from email signatures in the summarizes and 2) when re-summarizing email chain after additional comments/responses are added, the updated summary doesn’t always include all subsequent comments/responses.   Probably due to a time lag.   

Thanks to Karbon team for releasing this feature.   Can’t wait to see additional AI features but this one will be difficult to beat.  Easily a favorite Karbon feature already.

Userlevel 5

@Bovard CPA your teammate Barb should also have this enabled. Can they please close Karbon and re-launch to see if that resolves the issue. 

Also, this is great feedback so far. If you could grab a few screenshots and share them with me, that would be greatly appreciated. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’m LIVE!! Very exciting ✨

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Loving this feature. 

Something that wasn’t obvious was if the Summary produced is visible to other team members, which after testing we realised it is not.

So, we tested generating the summary on the same thread by multiple users and also found out that the Summary is also unique to the user with the content of the Summary varying between users. 

Our work around is to copy & paste the Summary as a comment so others can see what has been produced and any additional comments are referencing the same content however I think it would be good to have a simple ‘share’ button on the summary produced that automatically converts & posts it as a comment for others to see. 

Userlevel 1

@Karla Hourigan Karla, I believe all that you need to do is to ask Karbon to add your teammates to beta in order for them to see summarizes.   Any teammates with visibility to communication are now able to see Summary.   Hope that helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks @Bovard CPA - The team are already on the Beta and can see the Summarise button, however when an individual user produces a ‘Summary’, this itself is not visible by other users. The Summary is unique to their own user login view. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It would be good if you could ‘undo’ or ‘remove’ a summary that was created in error

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I agree Karla… Having the option to share the summary into a comment so everyone can see it would be nice… as well as a remove option. 

It would also be nice if it can make mention of any attachments (might not be able to read the attachments, but that would be SUPER COOL) but at least mention there was an attachment called ...

Userlevel 5

Hi @Karla Hourigan this is great feedback - thank you for sharing! Would you prefer the summary to persist for everyone if it was created, or as you mentioned to be given the option to share as a comment?

@Eric Cohen also a great callout - thank you for this. I will relay the feedback back to the team. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Logan Baillie - I think the option to share would be preferrable

@Logan Baillie I have the feature available! Thank you!! 

We are seeing it!

Summarize is there! Error when it was a big thread, but working on others.

Userlevel 1

Summarize feature is now live for our firm - Excited to start testing it out!

Hi Logan,

I am not currently able to see the ‘Summarize’ feature.

We have access and are using the feature. So far this is RAD!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hallelujah!! Thank you @Logan Baillie I’m so excited to use this feature 😍 

Just tested it out.  We absolutely love this. It seems pretty accurate especially when the dialogue is not accompanied with side notes.
Not sure its possible, but would be nice if it could ignore or not summarize confidentiality notices that some add as part of their email signature. In general, anything added to the signature of an email would be nice to leave out of the summary.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Logan Baillie I confirm that I can see it on my end.  We’ll start testing it out and let you know if we have any feedback!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We can see this feature, we are also getting an error if the thread is too long and agree with Karla, we would love to be able to share the generated summary with other colleagues. 

Userlevel 1

Confirming our team has access. Looking forward to testing this out!

Userlevel 1

Confirming our team has access. Looking forward for more features! :)

We have access! Looking forward to using this.