Welcome to Karbon's AI Beta

Userlevel 5

Welcome the to Karbon AI Beta!

We are very excited to be launching some exciting new features. We will be launching these features over the coming weeks and look forward to working with you to improve Karbon and our new AI features! We will be starting with the summarize feature, enabling you to summarize email threads quickly and easily. Can you please all check your triage and see if you see the following summary feature:

If so, you and your team are good to start using the feature. Please let us know in the comments if you experience any issues or have any initial feedback.

Additional features will be enabled for your firm shortly. Please check back regularly for more information

68 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

One piece of feedback I have received from the team is that it would be nice if the summary could be deleted after reading it.

Userlevel 5

Summarize is there! Error when it was a big thread, but working on others.

Hey @Mlibbey, thank you for the feedback! We have run into some issues when working with very long email threads but are working on it.

Userlevel 5

Just tested it out.  We absolutely love this. It seems pretty accurate especially when the dialogue is not accompanied with side notes.
Not sure its possible, but would be nice if it could ignore or not summarize confidentiality notices that some add as part of their email signature. In general, anything added to the signature of an email would be nice to leave out of the summary.

@Mike Knecht great feedback on the email signature. I’ll make sure the team is across this. 
As for the confidential notice, could you send me an example - either here or via email just so I know for certain what you mean

Userlevel 5

Hi Logan,

I am not currently able to see the ‘Summarize’ feature.

Hi @Tyler Wilcox CPA, can you please try refreshing Karbon, or, closing the browser entirely? If you still experience issues please let me know.

Userlevel 5

One piece of feedback I have received from the team is that it would be nice if the summary could be deleted after reading it.

@BrooksW can you help me understand this better - when and why would you want to remove a summary?

Hi Logan,

I am not currently able to see the ‘Summarize’ feature.

Hi @Tyler Wilcox CPA, can you please try refreshing Karbon, or, closing the browser entirely? If you still experience issues please let me know.

Hi @Logan Baillie , we are all good. All team members are seeing it. Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@BrooksW can you help me understand this better - when and why would you want to remove a summary?

@Logan Baillie One situation would be if there is a running thread and you have generated multiple summaries at different points.  That means in the middle part of the conversation there would be summaries that are no longer as relevant, and cluttering up the thread.  Another situation would be if the summary is slightly wrong (didn’t summarize correctly) or if you find it generally unhelpful on that particular thread.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Logan Baillie One situation would be if there is a running thread and you have generated multiple summaries at different points.  That means in the middle part of the conversation there would be summaries that are no longer as relevant, and cluttering up the thread.  Another situation would be if the summary is slightly wrong (didn’t summarize correctly) or if you find it generally unhelpful on that particular thread.

Thanks @BrooksW , We have the invalidation of summaries if previous items are deleted/edited in our next release. Thanks for your feedback :) 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Liam Guinto FYI

We now have access and the summary actually highlighted a couple of points in a long client email that I otherwise may have missed or misread. Very cool.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Woohoo! Happy to be here. :)💃🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

We presented this new feature to the Team during our morning meeting and everyone is excited to use it.   It worked extremely well in our testing during the meeting.

We have also experienced a failure with long threads.  This one has 31 sections and contains Snippets.  We have tried to summarize it several times and always receive this error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Logan Baillie Do you have an idea when you will be rolling out the “suggested reply” feature for beta testing?

Userlevel 5

@Logan Baillie Do you have an idea when you will be rolling out the “suggested reply” feature for beta testing?

@BrooksW I just made another post about this! Please check it out :) 

Badge

Our team has access.  Yay!  Summarized failed on a thread with 20+ emails.  Is there a maximum thread size summarize can handle?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

My team has access.  I LOVE it!!!! 

We did see one oddball thing when I demo’ed it to them, but I didn’t take very good notes.  Will try to replicate tomorrow and maybe do a loom video if we can replicate

We can’t see the summarize feature yet. Have tried refreshing and closing the browser. 

Userlevel 5

Our team has access.  Yay!  Summarized failed on a thread with 20+ emails.  Is there a maximum thread size summarize can handle?

The AI maxes out tokens on very long threads. We are aware of the issue and are working on a way to handle very long threads. Appreciate you flagging this!

Userlevel 5

We can’t see the summarize feature yet. Have tried refreshing and closing the browser. 

@Kayela Johnson please check now! 

@Kayela Johnson please check now! 

We have it now, thank you!

Userlevel 2

So far I’m loving this summarize feature! I feel like I’m already saving time responding to client emails. I can’t wait to see what comes next!

Userlevel 2
Badge

One in issue we are running into is: if I click “✨ Summarize” after a colleague leaves a comment and then later that colleague comments again, their name/profile picture aren’t displayed so it looks like an “anonymous” comment without an author.  See below:

Userlevel 1

@Logan Baillie  not seeing the Summarize feature yet

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Chris Keody Have you already attempted to log out and log back in? That’s what I needed to do to see the feature. 

Userlevel 1

@Chris Keody Have you already attempted to log out and log back in? That’s what I needed to do to see the feature. 

@Whitney Saunders  got it now, thanks! Had to log out, clear cookies, then log back in (on Chrome)

Userlevel 1
Badge

First of all - LOVE THIS!

I guess confirm that the summary feature will only work on emails/threads where the email is all happening in Karbon.  Case - not all our colleagues use Karbon - so when they email a client out of Outlook and then it becomes part of a thread for me in Karbon - the feature will only summarize MY involvement in the thread - or should I say - my email and email directly to me - it will not summarize information that the colleagues emailed out to a client?