Question

Assignments - how can my colleagues most easily see these items I've assigned them, and update their status?

• 12 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15
  • Sr. Karbon Community Guide
  • 825 replies

I can see them… how most easily, can they?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

🤔

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

When a work item is assigned to a colleague it will appear in their “My Week” in the “To Plan” folder. I encourage my colleagues to check their “To Plan” folder frequently an move work to the week when  they plan to start work - This Week, Next Week or Later. This allows colleagues to schedule and prioritise their work appropriately.

Alternatively they can use the Work option from the menu and set a filter of their name as the assignee. The advantage of this is that it will allow them to see all the work that is assigned to them, but it will not show work that includes a Task that is assigned to them if the work is assigned to someone else.

Does this answer your question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Ian Jack,

No it doesn’t. Have you heard of Assignments? It’s replacing To-Do.

Work items are no issue, because we have the same process and policy (To Plan must be regularly reviewed and cleared, we use My Week every day and Work views as well).

But if I assign an email (or a task) to someone, there is nowhere for them to go to see that (yes they could add the email/Work item to My Week, but the point of To-Do/Assignments is to show you items that are assigned to you and at certain stages, e.g. not completed, not to rely on you adding them to somewhere). I can see what I’ve assigned them, in Assignments, but they can’t see what they’ve been assigned, anywhere.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I am interested in the answer to this question as well. We have specifically asked Karbon to stay with the To-do set up for us, as we use this feature a lot. We have not been as confident with how Assignments will work with Emails & Notes, due to the issue raised above.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@SamG When the email or Note is assigned doesn’t it appear in the assignee’s Triage? At that point they can plan the email/note for This Week. It is a bit limited, but it is easy enough to move the email/note to  a different week.

I am trying to persuade my colleagues to stop using ToDo as I believe it will be withdrawn before long.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Ian Jack it does and that's great if they do. But they might Clear it by accident or they might add it to a wrong week, or move it to Done before it's complete.. the point is that there's no place to see all, like there is with Work. To Do is the place, for now, if you haven't already switched to Assignments, but you're right, it will be switched off when Assignments takes over, which solves a shortcoming of To Do, but unfortunately Assignments has it's own shortcoming, which is the one this whole post is about.