Question

Seasonal Budgets

• 11 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Are there any best practices you can recommend in regards to the budgets section of Karbon, and dealing with the seasonality of businesses?
For example, I have business that in the summer their work volume goes down 75%, and I would like Karbon to reflect that.
The only thing I can think of to do is create the tasks and budgets 6 months in advance, and edit the budgets that way.
looking forward to your thoughts!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thinking out loud here but could you set up separate repeating monthly work orders with the repeating cycle that matches the season?  If there are only 2 seasons it might look like this

High season Work Order -  starts August 1 repeats monthly until May 31st, with the appropriate budgets and tasks

Low season Work Order - starts June 1 repeats monthly until Aug 31st, with the appropriate budgets and tasks

And then you create another work order to repeat every season to remind you to re-start the seasonal work orders for the next season.

I think that is how I would do this if I know the season are easily predictable.

With some of our seasonal clients we have set up seasonal re-engagements, rather then re-engage on an annual basis, we create new contracts for each season and when that is accepted the work orders push through to Karbon for that season.

Hope this helps.