Skip to main content
Question

Best Practice for Document Collection via Template

• 26 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi Karbon Community,

I'm working on creating a universal document collection template for our clients. Often, clients email us saying they have documents to send and asking for instructions, and we also frequently email clients to request documents. We want a flexible template that can be sent in response to any document request without listing all the possible documents, while still providing clear and concise instructions. Since we don’t always know what paperwork we will receive, we want to avoid having a section for each document.

This might be simple, but I am curious about what the best way to format the template is. I would love to hear your best practices or examples of such templates that you've found effective!

Thank you!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Here’s the template we created and use:

For Uploads
​​​​
For Downloads

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Thank you, Max! I was hoping you would be one of the replies.😄

Userlevel 1

@max Like the workaround.

How do you ensure the uploaded documents from the clients are saved to the appropriate places and not asking again later since the link it’s not work specfic.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We customize the email and client task titles when sending these. It’s not perfect, but has worked well enough that we haven’t worked to improve it yet.

Userlevel 1

We customize the email and client task titles when sending these. It’s not perfect, but has worked well enough that we haven’t worked to improve it yet.

So your team member knows where to save them based on the email and client task titles, is that correct?  I want to automate the document saving process since I see mistakes all the time.  Curious what you have in place. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We have one staff who normally receives the information about the document, and they handle it from start to finish.

I am curious to learn how you will be automating the document saving process. That’s a project that’s been in the back of my mind for a while.