Question

What should we build next with KarbonAI

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey Karbon Community,

The uptake of AI features in Karbon firms has been remarkable and our team is working on bringing even more depth and scale to AI applications. It's an exciting journey, and we want to hear from you - where do you see AI making the biggest impact in your daily tasks and workflows?

Whether it's streamlining workflow, optimising resource allocation, or revolutionising client communication and financial forecasting, your insights will shape the future of AI implementation at Karbon. 

Have a great day

Simon

27 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello there!  I have been using Karbon AI for client communication, this has been great.  However, I noticed when i use the AI to change the email tone, it simply takes what I wrote and re-writes it, without giving me the option to view what I had written, side by side with what it’s going to be replaced with.  

My concern, is there may be important details missed, I had thought of in the original message, which do not make it to the revised version. It would be great to have some way to see them side by side and choose to actually use the revision, adjust it, or add important details the AI decided to take out, that we deem crucial to the conversation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Something that comes to mind are Client Requests…

For example, client replies to a Client Request email, attaching a file I’ve requested, but doesn’t mark the task as complete. Client receives a reminder or two and then complains they’ve already sent it (albeit not followed instructions).

Maybe AI could recognise client has sent something in relation to the Client Request, pause/snooze reminders and advise me of this (via a notifcation in Triage “I’ve snoozed reminders on this checklist as the client may have sent you the files and not marked it as complete” - AI)

A thought from an experience today 🙂

For example, client replies to a Client Request email, attaching a file I’ve requested, but doesn’t mark the task as complete. Client receives a reminder or two and then complains they’ve already sent it (albeit not followed instructions).

Maybe AI could recognise client has sent something in relation to the Client Request, pause/snooze reminders and advise me of this (via a notifcation in Triage “I’ve snoozed reminders on this checklist as the client may have sent you the files and not marked it as complete” - AI)

I totally agree with this point, I would however add that this does not need AI IMO as a starting point - if a request has had any interaction, then the auto reminder should not go as it needs a decision to be made - maybe the comment is waiting on us etc. so chasing wouldn’t be ideal.

AI can take it a step further - as if the comment is “Excellent, all approved” then AI could send a message saying, don’t forget to click the task completed etc.

Or, what if Karbon AI could summarize all open client requests associated with a single “Person” (Karbon contact, sometimes tied to multiple email addresses for different businesses they own, etc). This could help with manual follow-up when checklist reminders are getting ignored...

Userlevel 2

This might not be AI related, however, it would be nice when we send client requests to have a “read receipt” capability so we know the client opened/received the request. Then perhaps AI could find the right verbiage to write a better request using how frequent the client opens the email or does not. I’m not sure if I’m making sense here...

Userlevel 1

What I would love to see would be to have the AI read my tax return summary and create an email to the client summarizing it for me.  In other words, your income is up XXX, you saved xxx in taxes by taking the mortgage interest deduction etc.  I’ve been trying to find a quick way to do this for years!  It would save so many man hours and provide better client service on our side.

Could it make integrations more robust? 

OpenPhone, Fireflies.ai, GSuite, QBO, Slack, Zapier, etc. Currently the ability to create a work item, or update the status of a work item is incredibly limited, if not nonexistent. At this point it’d be great if from a Slack message, or an OpenPhone conversation, or Action Items in FIreFlies (even automatically with a “create a work item in Karbon” voice command), we’d be able to seamlessly create / update work items (and then be triggered to update the remaining work item information - due date, assignee, etc). 

I have found that when searching a client to tag emails and things to them, Karbon rarely gives options that are most relevant to what you have been working on most recently for that client. For example, all throughout tax season, we are working out of and tagging new emails and notes to a client’s 2022 T1 work. However, almost every time I type their name, whichever work item I have obviously used last for them often needs to be found under several future planned work items, or just other unrelated open work items first. Not sure if this is an AI issue but I feel like Karbon should have some sort of capability to recognize what work items you have been in the most recently for a client and bring those options to the top of the list when searching for their name.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello there!  I have been using Karbon AI for client communication, this has been great.  However, I noticed when i use the AI to change the email tone, it simply takes what I wrote and re-writes it, without giving me the option to view what I had written, side by side with what it’s going to be replaced with.  

My concern, is there may be important details missed, I had thought of in the original message, which do not make it to the revised version. It would be great to have some way to see them side by side and choose to actually use the revision, adjust it, or add important details the AI decided to take out, that we deem crucial to the conversation. 

Great suggestion @David Perry . Has you lost any important details thusfar? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for this @SamG. How comfortable would you be with KarbonAI making these decisions. Would you like it to check with you first?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Or, what if Karbon AI could summarize all open client requests associated with a single “Person” (Karbon contact, sometimes tied to multiple email addresses for different businesses they own, etc). This could help with manual follow-up when checklist reminders are getting ignored...

This is a great idea @John Bacon 

Userlevel 2
Badge

What I would love to see would be to have the AI read my tax return summary and create an email to the client summarizing it for me.  In other words, your income is up XXX, you saved xxx in taxes by taking the mortgage interest deduction etc.  I’ve been trying to find a quick way to do this for years!  It would save so many man hours and provide better client service on our side.

This is where we would like to go for sure, although we would need to train it to be highly accurate. Thanks for your suggestion :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks for this @SamG. How comfortable would you be with KarbonAI making these decisions. Would you like it to check with you first?

In terms of comfort, it depends how accurate and advanced it is 🙂 until it’s nearly perfect, I’d rather it did it and advised me that it did it (so I can revert it if I disagree)

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have found that when searching a client to tag emails and things to them, Karbon rarely gives options that are most relevant to what you have been working on most recently for that client. For example, all throughout tax season, we are working out of and tagging new emails and notes to a client’s 2022 T1 work. However, almost every time I type their name, whichever work item I have obviously used last for them often needs to be found under several future planned work items, or just other unrelated open work items first. Not sure if this is an AI issue but I feel like Karbon should have some sort of capability to recognize what work items you have been in the most recently for a client and bring those options to the top of the list when searching for their name.

@Shae-Lynne Craig It sounds like you would like some smarts around the “most likely” thing to select based upon some AI smarts. Whether that is searching or allocating emails, work or contacts. Does that sound accurate?

That’s correct!

Userlevel 1

I would like to see

1. An AI generated morning email/notication summary of tasks due for the day or week for yourself or selected team/client. 
  2. An AI generated suggested task list for a work item based on a prompt . sometimes it is not easy to start a work item for a new procedure from a blank slate and this will give a boost to productivity. 
  3. AI suggested scheduling of work. It can almost be an autofill of my week based of past history when a task gets planned and ticked off /time taken to complete (if available) and can also take into account your meetings schedule based on a linked calendar. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I would love to see AI provide an option to suggest updating addresses across members of a Client Group, if we change an address for one member.  When a client moves, and they have a large client group, updating that address across all members is time consuming.  It would be great to have an option based on group members to select who we want the address updated for, then AI updates it for us.

Also...statutory due dates for extensions.  If AI could somehow recognize for ex. all work that goes past the 4/15 due date could be suggested to automatically update to the extended statutory due date of 10/15.  Would save sooooo many clicks :)  

Userlevel 1

A few requests/suggestions from our team:

• I think a couple of people touched on this one a bit - triage prioritization would be really helpful. Not necessarily based on the deadlines of jobs various triage items have already been added to but instead a daily summary or list of triage items to review first based on tags, language used, etc.
  • It would be nice if it suggested an email template based on the work you’re sending the email from rather than needing to find and select. 
  • AI Karbon-time tracking - option to have it auto-track your time and spit out a report (daily, weekly, whatever frequency you select) to review and confirm.
  • Smart search feature where you can describe what email or note you’re looking for and it can find it without needing your keywords to match exactly.
  • Not only locate the notes/emails but create a summary card of key points or issues across multiple threads or timelines for a contact based on your search.
Userlevel 2
Badge

I would like to see

1. An AI generated morning email/notication summary of tasks due for the day or week for yourself or selected team/client. 
  2. An AI generated suggested task list for a work item based on a prompt . sometimes it is not easy to start a work item for a new procedure from a blank slate and this will give a boost to productivity. 
  3. AI suggested scheduling of work. It can almost be an autofill of my week based of past history when a task gets planned and ticked off /time taken to complete (if available) and can also take into account your meetings schedule based on a linked calendar. 

This is great @Ilan Goldman , For number 2 is that when you are creating a work template?

Userlevel 1

I would like to see

This is great @Ilan Goldman , For number 2 is that when you are creating a work template?

Yes on a work template will be great or any work item to autofull a task list. I am using it on another AI product and copying and pasting back into Karbon. Would be great to have it integrated. 

It would be great to see AI streamlining workflows and task creation. For instance, say we have a task called ‘Create Journal Entry’, I would love it if AI could recall a uniform task description that could be manipulated for specificity within each workflow. 

I would like to see

Goblin.Tools has MAGIC TODO which breaks down anything you prompt it with into doable steps. 

Emails which an AI writes updating the client as to the status of their work periodically. For example, when you finish a section, the AI could write an email that says, “Hey [client]! Just a heads up, I finished preparing your work and the partner is going to review it now.” Or, “the return has been reviewed, you can expect a digital signature request soon.” Etc. This way we can keep our clients updated with auto generated updates! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m still finding the summarize feature does not summarize the internal comments, instead just the email chain, will this be changing in the future?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m still finding the summarize feature does not summarize the internal comments, instead just the email chain, will this be changing in the future?

Comments are included in email summaries now. Please try again and let me know if there are any problems.