Anyone have prompts that work well for them when drafting emails?

• 10 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
  • Sr. Karbon Community Guide
  • 1143 replies

I’ve been using ChatGPT to generate prompts for the email drafter in Karbon but I haven’t had much luck. I don’t know if it’s because the models are different. The 500 character limit is also an issue.

My main issue is that I’m getting fill-in fields returned in the email subject and body, like work item title and relevant period, to which I assume the model has access.

Prompt: Update the client about the progress we've made on this work item. Use the name of the work item in the subject line of the email.

Result:

It seems to be pulling information and commitments from its… uh… from nowhere.

Also, I’d like to see if anyone is getting it to address a human instead of the organization related to the work item.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Haven’t tried this yet but interesting use case. Looks like you’ve got some hallucinations going on based on your description here.

I think further development would be needed to get better context about a client (i.e., searching an entire Karbon instance for client information and generating a response based on that search), which is why I don’t really use Karbon AI that much. I rely more on the email templates, then edit them myself. 

Userlevel 5

Hi @max,

Thank you for the feedback - this will help us prioritize our list of improvements/features for AI.

For the character limit, can you please share some example prompts you are trying to use that exceed the limit?

For the hallucinations, is this happening with all the prompts you have tried or only a select few?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I’m doing these tests in bad environments… lol. I’ll do some on live client situations and see how it comes out and will report back. I’ll answer the character limit question over on that thread. 😉

@max Were you able to work out some prompts? I am also looking to see if you can tell it to email a specific person and not include a closing or signature since Karbon has my signature already. It just doubles my signature.