Solved

Saving emails for later but are not attached to a client

• 22 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I am trying to save an email for instance form Karbon about new features.  However I have no timeline to save it to since Karbon is not a client of ours they are a vendor.  How do people clear this out of their Triage without adding it to a contact or timeline?

icon

Best answer by Amelia Freeman 11 September 2023, 06:58

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Found a workaround.  Since this was an email for a Karbon Webinar I added it to “my week” tasks and then moved it to next week since the webinar is 3/30/22.  I would still welcome anyone’s idea’s

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Dan Yamamoto, you can have different contact types.  I simply have Karbon as a “supplier” contact, and am able to add items to the timeline and pin them that way.  I have a few people at Karbon I am in contact recently as I use their 1 year service subscription to help me optimize Karbon for my business, so this has been helpful for me. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@David Perry Again thank you.  We setup a contact called Karbon Tips and Tricks for things that our team discovers on how to do things in Karbon.  We are only one month in so there are so many tricks out there to do things that we are trying to let everyone know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Dan Yamamoto, I’m learning more every week, especially from this community, it’s been super helpful to be a part of!  We are always optimizing something with a new tips and tricks we’re learning!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Sometimes I will create a Work (with no due date) that I tag emails to if I want to group them by subject.  For example, purchasing new equipment for team members, I have a Work called “IT Equipment for Team.”  All threads related to this get tagged to this Work.  I try not to create very many of these, though, because they will sit in the To-Do for long periods of time because they have no due date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Sometimes I will create a Work (with no due date) that I tag emails to if I want to group them by subject.  For example, purchasing new equipment for team members, I have a Work called “IT Equipment for Team.”  All threads related to this get tagged to this Work.  I try not to create very many of these, though, because they will sit in the To-Do for long periods of time because they have no due date.

I’m with @BrooksW. I have several internal clients and work items that I use to organize my work. Think about treating internal work as similar to work for any client, it’s just that you’re your own client. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I love this idea of a Karbon contact called Tips and Tricks.  I think one called Karbon Webinars could also be useful.  We could then tag the webinar links and @mention team members to go watch it.  This might be an awesome idea for all our programs.  Thanks for the wonderful idea.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Dan Yamamoto, I think I misunderstood your question, but when I have an email I want to follow up on, but clear out of my triage, I add the email to my week, and thinks that’s what you ended up doing… and changing the week if necessary and I don’t need to work on it right away. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi all! If you haven’t checked it out yet, we just released a new feature called ‘Later’ where you can add any item from Triage into ‘Later’ to do…. later!