Question

My Week sorted by Status

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I am finding that in My Week some of the work that has the same status is showing up under duplicated statuses.  The work is not duplicated, but some work is showing up under the status in one section and some with the same status in another section.  Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Here is an interesting update - I went into work - created a view for this week - sorted by status and then went back to My Week and the issue seems to have been resolved.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I wrote too soon - the issue has occurred again and the view in work does not seem to be working its magic.  Anyone else with this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

In my experience, irregularities like that are corrected with a hard refresh.
Link: How to hard refresh in different browsers

If that doesn’t work, I think support would like to hear about it.

• Hit up chat support (my favorite) in “Help and Feedback” on your Karbon home screen
  • Email support@karbonhq.com
  • See if @leigh is available here on community
Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I tried the hard refresh and no luck.  I will hit up support in the morning.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Ken

Wanted to reach out an ensure you were able to sort out your work view issue.  If this issue persists or anything else you have questions about please don’t hesitate to reach out to Karbon Support, we would love to help.  You can reach us one of two ways, go to help and feedback>still cant find what you need and start a Support chat with us, or email us at support@karbonhq.com

Hope your week is going well,

Leigh

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thanks for checking in - someone in support is looking into this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Ken Rogers Were you able to resolve this? I have the same issue going on and cannot figure out why. Before reaching out to support I wanted to determine if you were provided a resolution that is customer implemented.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

It was not resolved.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Ken Rogers Here is how it has been explained to me as this is how the functionality is supposed to work.

Underneath the Main header (This Week, Next Week, etc) there is the slider which contains Status, Due Date, Start Date, and Work Type. The Work Type will identify the four (4) work types with the most work and then there will be the Other Work Type which houses all other work.

Karbon will Show each status below with the work allocated this way, grouping work types together. For example, in my image below, if all five (5) of the identified work types have associated work for this instance of My Week (Later) with a current Status of Ready to Start, then Karbon will show five (5) instances of Ready to Start with each instance containing only the work type identified in that ribbon.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I have created a custom status of ‘MFO Admin’ and as shown below, the 6 items for this week assigned to that status show in two different groupings with no logical reason I can find on how 1 item in this status is not shown with the other 5 items.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Ken Rogers According to what Karbon informed me, this is due to the Work Type of each item. Look at the top f the My Week screen and identify each of the Work Types (There will be a maximum of 5 with the last one being Other). Then look at your work items in each of the duplicated MFO Admin Status’.

The 5 items in the first Status should all be the same Work Type and the 1 item in the final MFO Admin Status should be a different Work Type.

Not very intuitive this way, however this is how Karbon My Week is supposed to work.

All of the above said, I am not sure it is 100% correct as my testing of it has identified work with the same work type (repeating work) where instances of the same work are being identified in two (2) different Planned status’. Seems like they should be in the same one as they are the same work type. Unfortunately I have other Gremlins going on with My Week which Karbon is trying to resolve which may be causing some issues.