Question

Is anyone using VXT Phone Service and their new Karbon integration?

• 3 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

We are looking at switching our VOIP service provider and had a demo with VXT. Is anyone currently utilizing VXT and the new Karbon integration that would be willing to share their experience with it?

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Keen to also get some insight into this one as we were considering making the switch. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We are making the switch, but will not be ready for a couple of weeks. I posted this question before I did the demo but did not get a response. We are definitely doing it but would still love to hear some feedback. Thanks for posting!

Userlevel 1

We are making the switch, but will not be ready for a couple of weeks. I posted this question before I did the demo but did not get a response. We are definitely doing it but would still love to hear some feedback. Thanks for posting!

Cindy - Wondering if you’ve moved forward with the switch to VXT? Looking forward to hearing from someone who has made the switch. Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Cindy - Wondering if you’ve moved forward with the switch to VXT? Looking forward to hearing from someone who has made the switch. Thanks!

Hi Ben! Yes we have, just waiting on the numbers to be ported from current provider. It should be this week & then we will be using it. I’ll hopefully have an update later this week or next week. So far it seems like it will work well for us since we have done the training. I love the integration with Karbon but it’s difficult because all of the numbers listed in Karbon come through. I’m making a “group” in VXT of current clients that we will use more often than the list that syncs, but it’s taking a while. Would love to be able to only sync active clients. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We have been working with VXT to make the integration a little more helpful, at this moment there is not a way to add a call/chat on a particular project. It only works when someone calls that is already in your Karbon contact list, it will then populate that person as a choice. Otherwise it won’t let you add to a timeline by searching, for instance if someone that is associated with the client but isn’t in Karbon, calls, at this moment you are not able to add to the client’s timeline. Does that make sense? 

This is a great tool to have once some of the items are tweaked a little. The only thing we are now getting use to is using a headset rather than a real phone. I’d be happy to answer any questions if I can!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey @Cindy Hart! Do you have an update for how things have been going with VXT? Things you love, things you hate and things you have seen improvement on?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Ashliegh Evelyn The main thing to get use to for us was no longer having an actual phone, the earpiece that we chose isn’t working out the best for us. When you use the app from your cell phone (which some do) you can’t transfer calls only answer them or make a call, this eliminates the main person answering the phone being able to use the app. Otherwise, the concept is great & we love the way it works with Karbon for the most part. If you get a call from someone that is not in your Karbon contacts you won’t have caller ID, so you can only add the phone call/message to Karbon contacts. For instance, a 3rd party calls regarding a client, you can’t add the message to the Karbon contact unless you add the caller to Karbon as well then you add it to their timeline. I would like to be able to choose which timeline I could add it to. I hope that makes sense. Please ask anything specific you have questions about.