Solved

Estimated date of release for the new time and billing feature

Userlevel 1
Badge

Good day,

I wanted to find out if anybody knows the estimated date when the new billing feature of Karbon will be released? I have gradually switched over my firm to capture time on KarbonHQ and fully switched over from Xero Practice Manager on the 1st of August. As I understand, the release will be in August but a more accurate date will be much appreciated for planning. 

Regards!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 4 August 2022, 22:32

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I’m not sure. I’m waiting as well. I was able to test it for a few days, but then it went away and I haven’t heard anything from the team about it.

I’m curious if anyone else has info. 

Hi all,

I wanted to reach out to give you an update on Billing.

We will have billing roll out in phases throughout the next several months. Beta for V1 started today and we will be sending notifications as various aspects become available. Thank you for your patience as we develop this very much sought after product functionality.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I signed up for Beta but have not received anything

Hi @Trey Fulmer- Thank you for letting us know. I will follow up with you in a private message. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Any updates on this? Anyone seen it? I also signed up for Beta and heard nothing. Like @Pieter Hollamby we are 100% recording time in Karbon, rather than XPM, and invoicing is now a major chore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Karbon has devoted a lot of resources to developing the time, billing, and invoicing aspects of the program. From what I can tell, it’s the company’s primary development focus right now.

There are still several aspects of the billing process that need to be ironed out, and I have not heard anything about a specific timeframe for when it will be ready. I’m sure the developers at Karbon will keep working on it until it’s good enough for release and then continue to refine it from there.

I think that may be an unsatisfying answer, lol.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @max

That is quite an unsatisfying answer! Haha

I was told that the release would be in October, that is why I have moved everything over from XPM. It is quite a hassle now to make sure that everything gets billed. 

Hopefully, we can start in full on Karbon from January. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi all,

I wanted to reach out to give you an update on Billing.

We will have billing roll out in phases throughout the next several months. Beta for V1 started today and we will be sending notifications as various aspects become available. Thank you for your patience as we develop this very much sought after product functionality.

I hope this helps!

Any updates? This was 3 months ago, which I think qualifies as "several"? Anyone had access to Beta yet?

I am not sure how much longer I can go on manually exported time data and creating invoices in xero 😭

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

There were a few key updates over the past week or so that I would count as necessary for v1 release. Overall, v1 will still involve some manual exporting and tweaking, but I’m happy with how it’s working for how our firm does billing.

I have no idea when v1 will be released to public.

@Gillian Kirkman Billing has been the Product’s team primary focus and have been working actively on it’s release. We are shooting for Q1 2023.  I hope this helps :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Aliesa Jackson Hi! 
Do you perhaps have any update on the release of Billing?

Regards :)

Hi everyone, at this time the tentative time we are shooting for is the end of February. Thanks for your patience. @Pieter Hollamby 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Aliesa Jackson, any update on the release of the billing feature?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Aliesa Jackson, any update on the release of the billing feature?

@Aliesa Jackson I trust you are doing well. Do you have any updates on the billing feature?

@Pieter Hollamby My apologies. Strangely, I was not notified when you @ mentioned me here. However, I did reach out to Product to see if there are any updates that I can share. Once I hear back I will be sure to follow up. Thanks!

Badge

Any updates on when the official release date of Billings (once through beta) will be?

Badge

@Aliesa Jackson Any update on this?