Question

Drag and Drop from Karbon to Bill.com

• 22 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I tried dragging and dropping the invoice attachment into Bill.com like I usually would from my Office 365 email, nothing happens.  Bill.com recognizes that I'm trying to upload a file but it's unable to read it.  Does anyone have this issue?  And is there a way to do this from Karbon and not have to go out to outlook for this task?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Dan Yamamoto, does bill. com have a mail in address?  I use Dext, and I can just forward the email to Dext using a dext address.  I guess that’s not as fast as drag and drop, but maybe a little less annoying than having to save to a pdf and then drop it in to bill. com. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@David Perry  Thank you.  We were discussing it internally an hour or so ago and my boss came up with the same solution of forwarding it using Dext.  It’s not as easy as drag and drop but we it is a solution that doesn’t require the person to go to outlook.  We are trying hard to stay in Karbon.  The more we can do in Karbon the less the pull is for people to spend time in outlook.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Dan Yamamoto, not sure who your email provider is (gmail or other), however, you could also set up rules in your inbox, so when a specific vendor sends a bill, it will automatically be forwarded to Dext.  Then you will only have to touch it in Dext (and then again to set up approvals in bill.com).  So that will help you bypass the need to handle that email entirely.  (Though obviously I would watch it for awhile to make sure it’s all functioning properly and we don’t miss a bill).  

If you are using dext, you may be able to “fetch” the invoice automatically too, that’s been handy in quite a few circumstances for us and our clients. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I love the simplicity of drag-and-drop. If you added it as a feature idea, I would vote for it. 😀

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I think the issue might be that Triage is emulating what Outlook365 does.  I don’t think you can drag and drop out of the online outlook either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I think the issue might be that Triage is emulating what Outlook365 does.  I don’t think you can drag and drop out of the online outlook either.

…yet, lol. Because it doesn’t work now doesn’t mean it shouldn’t work. :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

How is it that Microsoft can’t figure that out?  I am sure they know how to.  There’s probably other reasons why they don’t allow it.