Question

Document Management

Considering changing from Canopy. How does the document management work with client portal? Is this worth changing to from Canopy?

I am only on the trial version and the one thing I do not like is that there is no folder options to sort files. I want to make sure if I make the investment its worth it. 

Has anyone else changed from canopy?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Matthew Reif there’s a webinar in a week that will go over the document management updates that Karbon is releasing that @lbernstein mentioned.

https://karbonhq.com/resources/intro-to-document-management-in-karbon-20200524/

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Matthew Reif karbon does not have document management functionality. It does have the ability to store files against a work item but you cannot edit and save back to Karbon. We use Microsoft share point for our files. Karbon is a convenient way to request and store received files against a work item. Think of it as a better way to manage email attachments and client requests.

coming soon Karbon will be able to automatically push these files from a work item to Dropbox/google drive/share point.

So you would not recommend Karbon for document management?

GLOBODOX has enabled us to streamline our document management process in a much more efficient manner improving customer service standards and empowering our legal team with ad hoc legal documents requirements by various government authorities.”