Customer support via phone

• 29 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It is my understanding that Karbon only provides customer support via their message app and email. We have had a few situations recently where that level of support isn’t working. Examples include: a) when we can’t access Karbon at all so we can’t use their message app, b) when customer support is not responding to the message app, c) when customer support is not responding to emails. Like most of the other software that we use, we’d like to be able to actually talk to someone on the phone when we have a critical issue. But Karbon does not offer customer support via phone. I’m curious how others are navigating through this limitation of Karbon.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Smitty,

Most software we use these days don’t have a phone line for first point of call for support and those that do, the support is usually so sub-par it’s a waste of time anyway. Even Microsoft doesn’t have a telephone number to call if you have an issue.

To answer your situations:

a) when we can’t access Karbon at all so we can’t use their message app

Emailing support is the only way in this instance, it’s usually down for other customers as well and Karbon knows this and will of course be urgently working on a fix to have users back in asap

b) when customer support is not responding to the message app

This usually happens when the request has been sent from the Support team who Triage it, to the engineers who investigate and fix it. If this happens and I desparately need an update or response, I start a separate ticket and my new message is in Support’s hands again and is usually responded to within a couple of hours

c) when customer support is not responding to emails.

I’d suggest reaching out to your Customer Success Manager (see below). You can book a time/call with them here and you can email them or maybe even find out their number and if they’re able to receive your calls

As an aside, at times I’ve asked Support for a call and we’ve had a Zoom call to discuss/resolve an issue.

Does that help? 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I’ve booked a call with my CSM the same day and sometimes within 20 minutes. Internally, Karbon is a tight knit group, so your CSM will likely be able to talk directly with the people working your ticket. I’ve never had slow response times from support, so I’m surprised to hear that you have, @Smitty, though we may have different expectations, and that’s understandable.

@leigh heads up the support team and personally handles many situations. She may be able to figure out what happened in your specific situation.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@SamG and @max thanks for your replies, much appreciated. The current issue we are facing falls in the category that Sam described, where customer support said they would report the issue to their engineers. After a couple of days with no updates, I reached out to support again (via message and email) and have received no replies at all. Not even a “we’re working on it”. I’ve never tried the CSM link but just clicked on it and the first available meeting slot is 5 days from now. That doesn’t feel like “customer success” to me so I’m not inclined to go that route. Maybe @leigh will have suggestions for how to navigate forward...