Question

Client Groups

• 23 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

we used client groups as it’s great so see the members, but unfortunately when information come in from practice ignition it can’t connect to a client group, only to people and organization. Anyone has any lead on how to handle this issue?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Karin, welcome the Karbon community! 😀

We also set up client groups as contacts, but they don’t work very well. We have switched to making groups of people (like spouses in a joint return) into organization contacts with people contacts connected.

To fix what you have, you could try:

• Create new contacts and manually switch over the work
  • Ask your Karbon CSM to do it through their automated tools (not sure if this is possible)
  • Use the API and some python to find the client groups, create new organizations, move existing work, and then archive the old client group (I have considered this on our end, but have not devoted any time to it)

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Karin 

We use client groups to group clients by the service package they have engaged with and we use Ignition.  Our work around, since it’s vital to us to add client group to every contact, is to have ‘set up client group’ as a task on the Onboarding Work Order.

We created a service item that pushes the Onboarding work order to Karbon on every proposal that is accepted in Ignition.  The tasks associated with this work order ensure the team is set up success from day one.

V

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Victoria Peters what do you do if the client is existing in Karbon and Ignition is not recognizing the client group and instead creates a new organization. which means I have them in double, as client group and organization?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Victoria Peters what do you do if the client is existing in Karbon and Ignition is not recognizing the client group and instead creates a new organization. which means I have them in double, as client group and organization?

@Karin I was trying to find a case were we came across this and I could not.  Are you ending up with a second organization that is not in the client group in Karbon?  When that happens we merge them and delete the extra one.

Not sure that was helpful...