Skip to main content
Question

Client error message

• 10 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Client conversation above - client can’t access Karbon but when they try and reset password the message says email incorrect, but it is the correct email

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Charlotte Grace

Did you mean to attach any screenshot of the error? 🙂

If the email looks correct but it’s saying it isn’t, you might be best to Contact Support

I hope that helps 🙂

Hi 

Unfortunately our client does not have the technical ability to attach a screen shot I’m afraid.

Thank you for replying - I will contact Karbon support

Best wishes

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Charlotte Grace, welcome to the Karbon community! 😁

I think it’s possible that your client has not registered for the Karbon portal (it’s optional), but thinks they need to log in to get to your client requests.

There are two ways to use the portal:

1. Magic link - This one is easy and seamless. Your client clicks the “Manage Checklist” in their email and gets instant access to that client request. It’s secure (see other posts about magic links here for more info) and smooth. The only confusing part is that there is a login button on the left. That can be ignored. Also, once the work item is marked “Completed” the magic link stops working.
  2. Log in - When a client registers for login access, they add a password and use their email to access up to 100 of the past work items you’ve used to send client requests. This gives them access to client requests and the associated files after the work item is marked “Completed”

My suggestion would be to tell your client to ignore the login information on the left and focus on the tasks in the middle of the screen. Clicking each one will open them and display the chat bubbles and any associated file uploads and comments.