Question

Changing client basics

• 27 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is a way to change client details - specifically client category.

Under the contact - Details- client Basics- client category

Client Category is currently being shown as Organisations, and it is meant to be Individual. However, I cannot seem to edit this when I press edit. Does anyone know how to change this within the client details?

Any help is appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Unfortunately, that cannot be changed.  You select the Contact Type when you are creating a contact and you have to choose between Add a Person, Add an Organization, or Add a Client Group.  Once that choice is made, I don’t think it can be changed.  I would reach out to your Client Success manager and see if this is something Karbon can change for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Alternatively, you can add an individual contact type and transfer over the work and all timeline items to the new individual contact before removing the organization contact.

We set up hundreds of groups as couples before realizing that Karbon’s billing system will not let us bill against client groups, so we turned around and set up each couple as an organization and transferred their work and timeline information. It sounds like a lot of work, but it went pretty quckly.

Userlevel 1

Has there been any improvement with this?  It’s very common for clients to marry and we need to convert to an organisation to be able to add the spouse.

Very time consuming to set up a new contact.