Question

Bi-monthly repeated work

• 28 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Is it possible to add a bi-monthly repeat option? If not, is there a good workaround?

Thanks!

Br Nicklas 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Nicklas Dahlquist we create two separate repeating jobs. One for the 1st-15th, the other for the 16th-last day of the month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Nicklas Dahlquist, welcome to the Karbon community! 😀

Do these settings work for what you need?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Sorry, I should have been more clear @Nicklas Dahlquist! We set up two different jobs because the work is not actually due on the 15th or last day of the month (that is just the period of the work, mostly payroll jobs). We set up two jobs so we can adjust the actual start/due dates for the Karbon work item for each of the periods and use the naming conventions to adjust the work to the name of the period. 

I realize I’m probably not super clear :/

Hopefully these will help!:

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Nicklas Dahlquist we create two separate repeating jobs. One for the 1st-15th, the other for the 16th-last day of the month.

@Nicklas Dahlquist we also do this, setting the work to repeat monthly, because the semi-monthly is restrictive. We set the due date of the work a few days prior to the actual due date as we never finish work on that actual due date. But for reference, we include the “due date” such as 15th and EOM in the title with a place holder to indicate which month it is for.

Thanks for fast and good replies!