Question

Average Email Response Time

• 3 April 2024
  • 5 replies

How to keep it low? I believe I’ve been sending replies within 24 hours but my insights show 74 hours. Any tips? Thank you

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

A solid question for sure.  I’d like to see what the Karbon team has to say, if there are factors that influence the time such as the time period being measured and if the “final” email sent with a client relationship just happens to be their email, if I don’t reply will that effect this metric...🤷🏽

@drich208 agree. Most of the times, my colleague would include me on the email distribution list but there is no need for me to reply to that email. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@drich208 agree. Most of the times, my colleague would include me on the email distribution list but there is no need for me to reply to that email. 

Right!  and I don’t want to have to “be the last to reply” just to clean up my metrics 😄

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I have asked this same question in the past to Karbon, and here is what I now know:

1. It only factors emails that you respond to.  If you never respond to it, it doesn’t count in the average.
  2. If you receive an email on Friday, and respond on Monday, it counts Saturday and Sunday.  Same for holidays.
  3. If you respond to a bunch of emails in 24 hours, but don’t respond to one or two for a month, that can move the average quite a bit.

I see how the above can move the average, but sometimes the average in Insights still doesn’t seem to make sense given what i know about the user’s email habits.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I have asked this same question in the past to Karbon, and here is what I now know:

1. It only factors emails that you respond to.  If you never respond to it, it doesn’t count in the average.
  2. If you receive an email on Friday, and respond on Monday, it counts Saturday and Sunday.  Same for holidays.
  3. If you respond to a bunch of emails in 24 hours, but don’t respond to one or two for a month, that can move the average quite a bit.

I see how the above can move the average, but sometimes the average in Insights still doesn’t seem to make sense given what i know about the user’s email habits.

I wonder if there is a way Karbon can essentially “close” the email conversation once the email is archived?