Question

Adding 1 Gmail to Karbon

• 18 April 2024
  • 7 replies

I did not go into Karbon to send the email, I sent it from Gmail. However, when I go to my Triage, it is not there. How do I add it to the client’s Karbon timeline? Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I did not go into Karbon to send the email, I sent it from Gmail. However, when I go to my Triage, it is not there. How do I add it to the client’s Karbon timeline? Thanks

Hi @Alda Butler ! Welcome to the community!  Have you checked your “sent” folder in Triage?  If it doesn’t show up there, it might not have sent 😊, also you could search for the recipient’s email under the “search” function and then tag the email to the client timeline.  But I would in most cases recommend sending it directly from Karbon and tagging it from the beginning to save the runaround later(or at least that’s what my team tells me each time I send an email directly from Gmail 🤣)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We use Office365, and when we send emails from Outlook, they show up in carbon on the proper timelines, but they do not show up in triage unless the client responds to the email.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Oh, that’s awesome.  I believe that is also true of Gmail if the email address is associated with the client/organization directly.

Thank you both! I have sent emails a few times from Karbon but the formatting, after it is sent, is not as it appeared before I sent it. The email was very difficult to read since it was long and had bullet points. Is there a way to better format how it will appear after it is sent from Karbon? This is the reason I didn’t sent it from Karbon; however, I will send it again through Karbon so that it will save to the clients timeline. FYI, I’m a new Karbon user so thanks for your input!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alda Butler I very occasionally send directly from Gmail instead of Karbon if I need better formatting, or I’ve drafted it in Google Docs. I always cc myself in the email, and that way it pops into my Triage as soon as I’ve sent it so I don’t need to go digging for it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I always cc myself in the email, and that way it pops into my Triage as soon as I’ve sent it so I don’t need to go digging for it!

What a great tip!

I’ve run into formatting issues when I paste things in Karbon they look bad, but I do most of my emailing straight out of Karbon and haven’t run into formatting issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’ve run into formatting issues when I paste things in Karbon they look bad, but I do most of my emailing straight out of Karbon and haven’t run into formatting issues.

Occasionally it doesn’t render right when an email is sent (random bullets or spacing), but usually it’s because I know I’m going to have lots of lists/indents and until Karbon adds tabbing for bullets/indenting it’s REALLY annoying having to manually select the indent/outdent every time!