Solved

Add expense to budget

• 14 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I want to add a software fee when building a budget for a work item. Is there a way to do this?

icon

Best answer by SamG 14 December 2023, 21:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Steve Wortman,

Good question 🙂

No it's not possible at this stage. The expenses sit separately to the time and don't feed into the Actual vs Budget Totals (but do feed into the Total Billable amount).

You could make a feature idea request for this.

Does that help? 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks @SamG  

As a workaround I’ll add a role for the software expenses with an appropriate rate “per hour” for each and include them as “time” in the budget. I’ll also request the feature. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thanks @SamG  

As a workaround I’ll add a role for the software expenses with an appropriate rate “per hour” for each and include them as “time” in the budget. I’ll also request the feature. 

Nice one 🙂

Did you add a User or only a role?

Because I did think of adding a User and adding the entry there.. but wasn’t sure if it would have to be a paid user or you could create the user (by inviting them) and never accept (leaving it as a free user, pending) and add time for them.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @SamG  

I initially wanted to add a User called Expenses but didn’t want to add a paid user, since I’m the only user in my one-person practice.  If I can add a free user who never accepts the invite, that would be great.  

I put in a Feature Request yesterday for the ability to add expenses to a work item budget.

Thanks again-