Product Roadmap Quarterly Webinar, April 2024

Related products: Triage Work Contacts Billing & Payments Client Communication Integrations Intelligence API Search Client Portal AI

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for joining me and our Product Managers for the first product roadmap webinar of 2024. 

It was great to see so many familiar names on the call and we sincerely appreciate the thoughtful questions and comments. For those who weren’t able to join us live, catch up on the recording to see what we released in Q1 and what’s coming up in Q2 for:

• Billing & Payments
  • Triage & Work
  • Integrations & API
  • Karbon Practice Intelligence
  • Karbon AI

We are currently recruiting customers for a few beta programs. You can sign up below:

• Triage revamp beta, register your interest here
  • QuickBooks Online Accountants integration (invoice & payments) beta, register your interest here
  • Karbon AI contact timeline summary beta, register your interest here

We’d love to hear what you think. You can add your thoughts in the comments below. If there are features you’d like to see us prioritize for future roadmap, please submit your vote in the Feature Ideas section.

Excited for the direction Karbon is taking. I like the format of reporting out on the commitments from the last webinar to this one. I’m not sure if that’s been the standard practice, but it's the first time I noticed it. 😉

Great features are coming! Thank you Karbon!

I have two follow-up questions.

1. For reassigning work items in bulk, Will we be able to reassign repeating work as well? For example, if a team member leaves and we currently don't have any open work items but we do have repeating work schedules, will we be able to update this?
  2. For approvals - Will this have regular signatures like DocuSign?

Excited for the direction Karbon is taking. I like the format of reporting out on the commitments from the last webinar to this one. I’m not sure if that’s been the standard practice, but it's the first time I noticed it. 😉

Good eye Max! That is the format we’re adopting and committed to going forward. Glad someone noticed it!

The link for Triage revamp beta interest is not working -  it takes me to the Karbon AI Contact summary beta. Can that be fixed? I’m only interested in the Triage beta test. Thanks

The same thing here.  The link for Triage Beta is not working.

Thanks for catching it, Jen & Tina. The beta registration link has been updated for Triage in the post. You can also find it here.

For approvals - Will this have regular signatures like DocuSign?

No, but the eSignature feature we plan to start working on after we launch approvals will!

Very exciting stuff Karbon!!! Love it!

When is the eSignature’s feature projected to be in Beta and will it be KBA compliant? 

Thanks for catching it, Jen & Tina. The beta registration link has been updated for Triage in the post. You can also find it here.

Thank you!!

Yes!  Love the accountability of reporting on what’s happened, such an important part of true customer-centric product development.  So happy to see the new adds to the roadmap.  

When is the eSignature’s feature projected to be in Beta and will it be KBA compliant? 

We’ll announce more about eSignature during Q3.

Was traveling so wasn’t able to attend live but here are a few favorites:

• Brand tone for the AI summary -- @max and I both have been active proponents of consistency across company communication, this is a nice touch.  ALSO, please add brand font/style with emails sent from Karbon 😁(I know, always something)
  • Bulk work assignment -- can’t emphasize this enough, so important when turning work over within team member role changes or new hires
  • Fixed Fee Realisation-- yes please!!  ready for this one.

Shared triage is great, but what I’m REALLY excited for is the eventual release of “delegate triage” at some point so an EA or team member can see our individual triage and manage it on our behalf...especially while someone is out of the office.  

Each quarter the Karbon team reinforces why we’ve chosen to build our company’s ops systems here.

Thanks to @Lachlan Macindoe  @Sara Goepel @Amelia Freeman @StuartK @Cleo Iggy @Dave George  and your teams for your hard work!

Great features are coming! Thank you Karbon!

I have two follow-up questions.

1. For reassigning work items in bulk, Will we be able to reassign repeating work as well? For example, if a team member leaves and we currently don't have any open work items but we do have repeating work schedules, will we be able to update this?
  2. For approvals - Will this have regular signatures like DocuSign?

Hi David 

If it’s the work assignee for the schedule, that will need to be updated on the schedule itself. Being able to update schedules in bulk is something we’d like to explore as well. 

Is there a sign up for the Approval beta? Thank you!

Is there a sign up for the Approval beta? Thank you!

Hi Kristie,

We don’t have a beta available for Approval yet. But keep an eye on the future Product Updates. When the beta is available, the link will be shared in that sprint’s product update.

Hi@Cleo Iggy 

The syncing of invoices and payments with QuickBooks Online is something I’m looking forward to!

Since I’m also syncing with Lacerte, will I be able to sync with QBO?  I’ve understood that in the past we had to choose one or the other.  I hope that is changing. 

Hi @Steve Wortman 

Lovely to hear from you. In this early Beta Release, you won’t be able to have Lacerte connected, unfortunately. It’s something we want to work out, but it’s a more medium-term thing. I hear you though, and we can keep you looped with updates in this area. 

Thanks @Cleo Iggy 

I’ve asked to be included in the Beta QuickBooks sync, but if it means I lose the Lacerte syncing, I’ll wait before trying the QBO sync.   I’ll continue to manually enter individual Karbon invoices and payments into QBO. I do find the Lacerte integration to be useful. 

Awesome updates Karbon team! 

Interested to hear how the bulk reassignments work with the repeat settings.