Karbon AI, Triage Icons, Utilization report, Billing and Payments

Related products: Triage My Week Billing & Payments Settings AI

Boost productivity with Karbon AI in open beta—available to all Karbon customers. Manage email addresses in user profiles, redesigned Assignment and Cleared Triage icons, Utilization report enhancements, bill by Colleague rate and control budget by amount.

Karbon AI open beta

Automate tasks and work faster, all while improving the client experience that you provide. Karbon AI is now available to all customers and trialists. These powerful features are designed to make your workflow more productive:

VkP4rGCx54vPLx9FQJ7TtU7k1dQY9oCtZrcpdBWYanwFtmuNDtOYwPOV_tziXaLZHSzmMb7Uk772c-HvQN1fPYnTnnrfqMgPByTpdsBJe3W5OdMUy_ZyC3lOSyqEyQDXS61F3cCScpnsNjzPbbWNuw

• Summarize: Instantly generate summaries from email conversation by clicking Summarize on an email in Triage. Save time and effort while staying informed.
  • Compose email drafts: Create the first draft or reply by clicking Compose From Draft, using prompts and keywords. Focus on what truly matters, as Karbon AI handles the rest.
  • Improve writing tone: Elevate your client communication with a single click. In the email toolbar click Change Tone to adjust your email's tone, making it more neutral, conversational or direct to suit the situation.
  • AI prompt in email task: Karbon AI goes the extra mile by allowing you to provide personalized client updates. Set up automated email tasks within your work items based on prompts you provide, or let Karbon AI draft the content for you. Deliver exceptional client service with ease.

Admins can disable Karbon AI for the entire firm in Settings > Karbon AI > Enable Karbon AI. Learn more about Karbon AI, including FAQs and Terms of Use. If you need help, this guide will come in handy. 

Bill by Colleague Rate

This feature is out of beta and live for all Karbon Customers. Admins with permission to view Dollar Amounts, can add a colleague’s billable rate in Settings > Colleagues by clicking on the colleague name. On the profile page, you can then specify a dollar amount under Billing Rates. To learn more, read the step-by-step guide.

Control Budget by Amount

This feature is out of beta and live for all Karbon Customers. You can decide whether to manage your budget by time or amount. Admins can select this option in Settings > Time & Budgets > Budgets > Budget Estimates

When you choose to control the budget by amount, even if the billable rate changes on a task, the total budget for the project will remain the same because the budgeted time will automatically adjust. To learn more, read the step-by-step guide.

Triage icons 

The Assignments and Cleared icons have been redesigned—they’re now more intuitive.

When you see the Assignment icon with an arrow, it's guiding you to a specific action. The Cleared icon has a box with a check mark, making it clear that a task is completed or achieved.

Utilization report

The Utilization report now calculates capacity based on a standard five-day workweek, with zero capacity allocated for weekends. Learn more about tracking colleagues’ utilization in this guide.

My Week: Work card task automator assignment

If you currently have no assigned tasks, but there are future task assignments through automators, the card for the work item in My Week will display a Task Awaiting Automator Assignment message. If you move the card to Done, the task will return to This Week when the automator activates. For more details, read this guide.

Email visible in Profile  

If you need to change your email address, go to your name in the main menu. Under Profile, click  Edit Profile > Email Address > Change. 

You’ll be guided to contact our support team who will review and process your request. This precaution is to maintain the integrity of your Karbon setup and ensure there is no impact on a colleague's ability to log in.

Admins can reach out to our support team to do this bulk. Learn more about user profiles in this guide.

Love the My Week Update.  I have so many things in there not currently assigned to me that I can clear and be confident they will pop back in when the work reaches my tasks. 😀

Personally not a fan of the updated clear button. I’m not sure why the check mark wasn’t sufficient. 

Tasks Awaiting Automator Assignment: This message will be displayed if the user has no tasks currently assigned to them but has a task automator set up to assign tasks to the individual in the future.

We have a lot of tasks pre-assigned in our work templates that are “planned” to happen later in the work item, and will trigger as ready to start via automator. The above wording only works in myweek when the task is unassigned until the automator triggers who to assign to. I would like to see the above message also in myweek for our situation where a task later in the work item is planned but nothing to action at the moment, so we can also choose to move these items to done until the task becomes ready to start.

Love the My Week Update.  I have so many things in there not currently assigned to me that I can clear and be confident they will pop back in when the work reaches my tasks. 😀

Agreed! This is a great enhancement. One idea for further improvement would be to simply keep these tasks out of ‘my week’ by default until the task itself is ready to start. Alternatively, an admin setting so that each firm could choose their preference would also be appreciated.

The fewer clicks we have to train our team to make just to get to their actual work for the week, the better. 

Agreed! This is a great enhancement. One idea for further improvement would be to simply keep these tasks out of ‘my week’ by default until the task itself is ready to start. Alternatively, an admin setting so that each firm could choose their preference would also be appreciated.

The fewer clicks we have to train our team to make just to get to their actual work for the week, the better. 

@Jonathan Gibson agreed - ideally I’d like them to automatically plan for the week in which their earliest tasks are due!

I like the updated buttons, now if only there was one for add to My Week… 🤔😉

Not a fan at all of the My Week ‘Tasks awaiting assigned automators’ change. I had spent weeks on a workaround using automators so that work did not appear in colleagues My Week until it assigned to them, and this has undone all of that. Why can’t we have a setting where colleagues don’t see stuff in their My Week at all until it’s with them? We spend so much time clearing jobs, it seems pointless. Not one person at our office wants to see work that is upcoming. It creates too much noise and distraction.

@Imbi Finlayson  There is a feature request that asks them to add a button to show items currently assigned to you in My Week.  This would greatly reduce the noise in My Week and make it more functional.  Please vote for it.

@DianeK I believe that the old To Do is converting to ‘Assignments’ and this will eventually show all items assigned to you or that you have assigned.

I think an admin setting so that people can choose to see upcoming work or not would suffice. We have administrators who have a role in every single piece of work that comes through the office, and it’s unfair on them to have that much noise in their My Week and have to constantly clear recurring jobs etc.

Not a fan at all of the My Week ‘Tasks awaiting assigned automators’ change. I had spent weeks on a workaround using automators so that work did not appear in colleagues My Week until it assigned to them, and this has undone all of that. Why can’t we have a setting where colleagues don’t see stuff in their My Week at all until it’s with them? We spend so much time clearing jobs, it seems pointless. Not one person at our office wants to see work that is upcoming. It creates too much noise and distraction.

Hi Imbi 

This change would not have changed how this worked for you. We have just changed the wording of the status as previously it showed ‘all tasks reassigned’. There is no logic change. 

However, items shouldn’t appear in your My Week until the tasks are assigned for the first time (or the work is assigned to you) via the automator. If you had tasks via the automator, completed them and have more to come via an automator, the message will display. 

@Amelia Freeman It has changed alot for us. Previously I had assigned only automators (not tasks or budgets) so when work was in the initial admin stages it did not show in the My Week of those with upcoming roles. This was a workaround offered to me months ago by another user and was working really well for us.

@Amelia Freeman It has changed alot for us. Previously I had assigned only automators (not tasks or budgets) so when work was in the initial admin stages it did not show in the My Week of those with upcoming roles. This was a workaround offered to me months ago by another user and was working really well for us.

Hi Imbi. This shouldn’t have changed, as we only changed what is displayed. It’s possible work items in this state have always been appearing in My Week but you didn’t know, as it showed a status called ‘all tasks reassigned’. If you think work items are coming into My Week when they weren’t before, please send it to support@karbonhq.com and we’ll look into it. 

Looks great. Any ideas when we will be able to completely turn off the My Week? I’ve found it much worse that the To Do List. When we will be able to suppress My Week and just have To Do?

Looks great. Any ideas when we will be able to completely turn off the My Week? I’ve found it much worse that the To Do List. When we will be able to suppress My Week and just have To Do?

What do you mean? To Do is being switched off, My Week and Assignments are the functions to use going forward.