Send Client Requests to multiple clients, Karbon AI and bulk work creation

Related products: Work Work Templates Client Portal

Send Client Requests to multiple clients

You can now send Client Requests to multiple clients at the same time. 

After creating a Client Request in a new or existing work item, simply click Send Client Request, and choose your contact/s. You can choose up to 10 contacts, and the email will display who has received the Client Request.

JVzjWWLuTN4kAHqXyrvH-PEIsz7wlSnNcozsz-Fh1Tz8vw7sFD6-Wq_xIzZGwiRtgTC3-vtNKrFQxICbYcw8W3xyyALXdEZSO_dEAYAjwB43ViUZB6beslfi9wHLrfGKioKMy_isRR49P1PgeVz2gw

After the request has been sent, you still have the option to manage the client list by adding or removing contacts. Click on the Client Request header or use the options menu (...) to select Manage Client Request and make any necessary changes.

If you remove contacts, they will no longer have access to the Client Request. If you add additional contacts, the Client Request will be resent to everyone, providing visibility to those newly-included contacts. 

Karbon AI update

Karbon AI is currently being beta tested. If you would like to be part of the beta testing group, please sign up now

Email summaries have been improved to handle longer conversations. This means you can quickly and easily condense more emails from the same conversation into concise summaries—improving the efficiency of your inbox and helping you stay organized and on top of your communications. 

DmU4-K0NxzEul0Jezb6W0Hk6vl_xSSKFE-I5Pk5SA3hmp8nr1xpJekSAoXDTrFwJ8v2b3WxqbXlYXZkdgRKxZplmWtd25ES8rwppbqmNMVZor_rxhySwLybfZ2xERlSWIQItgcueU-fTYrK5JBOlbA

Bulk work creation

Work items can now be created for multiple contacts from a single work template.

This new functionality, available to Admins, combines creating work combines creating work, adjusting repeat settings, and managing multiple contacts, simplifying the process for you.

In contacts, multi-select the required contacts and click Add Work. You can edit information to suit the different needs of your workflow, such as assignees, roles, and automatic Client Request recipients on individual contacts, or use the section's bulk selection feature, to edit multiple contacts at the same time. 

For more details, read the guide to bulk work creation.

Bulk work creation is being released to Karbon accounts in phases, and will be available to all customers within one-two weeks.

mijOkr929durDQi8YDEoQfIpxjXCMDRK15Xe1HA2sNYew_K3SsCNRDrw2oIXCZlSFpgWjkBjKP-8Um8trcaHe3-cY64QypR21W5QwZdOay91Y8Zdgg3KmOebyQp1Qq9J4nU-pGnu_dMKA_TQuNFErg

9OfYoHcpV-OqPzPU2MCPWaOg7k_AsRfJWBpX6g7UOdozsHqB3Fw4xerv8edyQLguYOEWvxEyCEEnQVa9rARepgFCUxlksAbaWYoWN-LztX7-XPxlpq_mjo5mAXzOEyww-veaCBgKJ2AR5X9i-1YTUQ

Yay to all 🤩

We have been anticipating the Send Client Requests to multiple clients feature so the team are going to be thrilled that it is here ✨

An unknown bonus was the Bulk work creation feature!! This is cool 😎

Where is this function? “After creating a Client Request in a new or existing work item” 

Do you add a task called client request or is there a different request function? 

Where is this function? “After creating a Client Request in a new or existing work item” 

Do you add a task called client request or is there a different request function? 

Hey Vinnie

If you add a Client Request section to a piece of work, you’ll be able to test this functionality.

Here is a guide for more information.

This is great, thanks so much for these updates, especially the ability to send a list to multiple contacts, I’ve been looking forward to this one! 

How does this impact how clients interact with the client portal? Will the additional clients be able to create their own client portal login credentials?

Bulk Work Creation 😍

How does this impact how clients interact with the client portal? Will the additional clients be able to create their own client portal login credentials?

I believe the portal works the same way as before. Portals are created, and access given based on the email address that received a client request. This update seems to do two things:

1. Send the same client requests to multiple emails (portals)
  2. Allows one request item to live in multiple portals at the same time. This allows your clients to benefit from the collaboration features in Karbon. 

We plan to use this feature in our joint individual income tax work to send client requests to both spouses since we never know which one holds the information, and in many cases, each spouse holds some of the information. I can see an issue arising when both spouses complete our questionnaire with varying answers, lol.

HAPPY MONDAY TO US!!!! 🎉🎉🎉

excellent improvements. look forward to trying them out. thank you!!

Yes!  What a wonderful Monday surprise.  I can’t wait to try these new features, especially the send a request to multiple emails.

I believe the portal works the same way as before. Portals are created, and access given based on the email address that received a client request. This update seems to do two things:

1. Send the same client requests to multiple emails (portals)
  2. Allows one request item to live in multiple portals at the same time. This allows your clients to benefit from the collaboration features in Karbon. 

We plan to use this feature in our joint individual income tax work to send client requests to both spouses since we never know which one holds the information, and in many cases, each spouse holds some of the information. I can see an issue arising when both spouses complete our questionnaire with varying answers, lol.

@Hannah West Max is correct! Each client you send it to will have their own magic link and need to create a login. The clients you send it to will be able to view the same request and work on it together. 

Has anyone noticed that we can no longer move tasks around?  Have we lost the feature to be able to shift tasks up and down?

Has anyone noticed that we can no longer move tasks around?  Have we lost the feature to be able to shift tasks up and down?

Hi Melissa. Can you send this issue to support@karbonhq.com and we will look into it. 

Has anyone else had some issues with Clients not receiving their checklist since this update? 

I have had to go “Manage Client Access”, clear the contact and re-add to solve the issue.  

I am just wanting some feedback that I am not alone with this new issue.

Has anyone else had some issues with Clients not receiving their checklist since this update? 

I have had to go “Manage Client Access”, clear the contact and re-add to solve the issue.  

I am just wanting some feedback that I am not alone with this new issue.

Hi @JenniferMoon. We haven’t had any reports of clients not receiving their checklists but if you are finding this is happening for you, can you please send this issue to support@karbonhq.com so we can look into it. 

@Dee Johns @Amelia Freeman We are trying out the bulk work creation and ran into a significant flaw. Or maybe we are just missing something obvious. 

The first step is to select the contacts that you desire to create work for. Unfortunately Karbon only shows us 50 contacts per screen and does not retain the selected contacts when navigating to the next screen. So the bulk work creation is only possible for selected contacts who happen to fall on the same screen.

Also, we attempted to search for a contact and it appears we cannot select a contact from the resulting list.

And lastly, we attempted to create a client group for our targeted contacts, and the bulk work creation would not work on the client group.

Do you know if these limitations/bugs have been reported and are being addressed?

Thanks!

@Smitty Yes there are limitations to how many you can select due to pagination, we are looking to increase the page size limit to allow for more selections, I will let you know if/when we do this. 

We are investigating currently the issue with being unable to create bulk work for Client Groups, I will let you know asap once this is resolved. 

@Hannah Faesenkloet Thanks for your response. Like many others who I’ve heard from in this forum, we’ve been eagerly awaiting the bulk work creation feature. And we are sincerely grateful for the progress that has been made on it. However, in order to be transparent with Karbon users, it may be helpful to include some of your notes about the limitations on the detail page that explains how it works. IMHO, it is not an overstatement to say that it is simply not usable (for most firms) in its current state due to these limitations. I say that because most firms who need a practice management tool like Karbon will have hundreds, if not thousands, of contacts. So new features that only work for firms that have less than 50 simply don’t work. We look forward to hearing when these issues are resolved so we can utilize this feature.

Hey @Amelia Freeman,

Is there an issue with not being able to see who Completed a Task in Client Requests when sent to multiple people? 🙂

Hey @Amelia Freeman,

Is there an issue with not being able to see who Completed a Task in Client Requests when sent to multiple people? 🙂

Hi Sam. Not that we are aware of. If you are having an issue, please send it to support@karbonhq.com 

Thanks Amelia, will do 🙂

What happens if you have a client that has 5 entities (salon owner with 5 locations) and you need the same information for each location but there is a separate work item for each entity (for budgets, time tracking, etc.)

What happens if you have a client that has 5 entities (salon owner with 5 locations) and you need the same information for each location but there is a separate work item for each entity (for budgets, time tracking, etc.)

@Randi Rose we have this for a few clients, and the way we handle it does somewhat depend on the client.

• A separate checklist for each entity
    • If the client has the Karbon portal set up, they can see all the requests in one place, and easily track what they have/haven’t provided
    • This gives the benefit of more easily being able to use automators and tracking where things are at
    • It does mean if you change one checklist, you will possibly need to change the rest
  • One combined checklist in one of the work items, and a section header or description in the rest
    • The client task will be in the main or biggest entity or possibly the group, and include all the tasks for all entities
    • This means the client only gets one email/reminders/task etc.
    • Means more manual tracking of statuses/workflow etc.
    • We generally only use this if the client expresses annoyance at the volume of checklists

Either way, we will have a separate piece of work item for every entity. Sometimes the other work items may just be a placeholder and not actually have any tasks, but they mean we can change the status and track # work, budgets, progress etc.

Hey @Amelia Freeman,

Hi Sam. Not that we are aware of. If you are having an issue, please send it to support@karbonhq.com 

Hi Amelia,

According to support the engineers have said it is by design that when someone I’ve sent a client request to comments on a task it says their name (good) but when they complete a task it says the organisation name instead of the person’s name (dumb)? Why? 😥