What scheduling system do you recommend?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

What scheduling software do you guys use to set up recurring monthly or quarterly meetings with clients? Is there a good option out there for accounting firms, or any business that has regular client meetings at the same time every month? (or is that just us?) 

We’ve been using Acuity/Squarespace but don’t like a lot of the functionality. We were looking into switching to Calendly but they don’t have seamless recurring meeting functions.

We’ve previously used Google calendar and liked their recurring function so now that they have an Appointment booking function we were going to switch back to that. Since we currently use Google Workspace for many other things, switching back to them makes sense pricing wise, but they don’t have the ability to let clients reschedule their own meetings using the booking page as needed if you set them up manually as recurring events. At least, not that we can tell…(we’re testing it). 

Now, we’re on the hunt for a good recurring booking scheduler, and we need a system that has the ability to let the clients manage that on their end as needed, and as little work as possible on our end. 

Any recommendations?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Outlook is easy to use. I think the only thing that’s missing from outlook is client-driven rescheduling and self-service bookkeeping.

I’m not sure how important that is since we don’t hold recurring meetings like this, but if something exists that handles self-service recurring meetings well, I’d be interested to explore it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yeah, now that we’re looking it seems odd that others haven’t had this issue with what’s currently out there...We can’t be the only ones doing external recurring meetings, right? But maybe we are? 🤷🏼

How is the functionality with Outlook’s recurring meetings? Is it easy to use? Do you use it for mainly internal meetings then? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Following. We use Outlook for recurring meetings and Calendly for client-scheduled meetings, but we don’t do a lot of regular meetings with our clients (but we want to explore moving that direction for some clients).