Skip to main content

We currently deliver tax returns and financials as a client task template work item. However, this requires the client to mark it complete once downloaded. Some may prefer to let it sit in their portal and not even look at it at all. I don’t love having so many outstanding client tasks as open or overdue. Is there a way to deliver monthly financials through the portal in a way that doesn’t require the client to complete it as if it’s a task?

@Joe Montgomery III CPA  At the moment the client portal is focused on requests/tasks, so I don’t think there is a way to deliver without the task being completed.

I do think this would be a great feature request - to have a ‘delivery or notification only’ section under client requests or the ability to add an automator to complete the task once all the other tasks have been completed (this could have other unintended consequences, so not ideal).

As with so many Karbon features, I believe there are upgrades in the works for the client portal. EsignatureApprovals may be the feature that would help with this - still in Beta I think.