Question

Use Karbon with single client email

• 7 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We’d like to create more of a true triage/helpdesk style client service with Karbon. Have any of you done this? We want clients to email a single email, have emails sent from a single email but with signatures of each user and the ability to assign tasks to each user. Is this possible?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Good idea. As far as I know, not possible to have multiple signatures in a Karbon account.

There was talk of Shared Inbox/Triage coming soon - seems it’s in development: 

Once that’s available, you could have everyone have their own Triage and access to the Shared Triage. Then you could have people assign the emails to themselves (their own Karbon account) to action.

It also seems it may be possible to choose a different email to send from (article here: https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/5700414-managing-multiple-emails#h_a899cd73e1) which may assist the signature side of things (send from their own account with their signature, but select from address).

Does that help? 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good idea. As far as I know, not possible to have multiple signatures in a Karbon account.

There was talk of Shared Inbox/Triage coming soon - seems it’s in development: 

Once that’s available, you could have everyone have their own Triage and access to the Shared Triage. Then you could have people assign the emails to themselves (their own Karbon account) to action.

It also seems it may be possible to choose a different email to send from (article here: https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/5700414-managing-multiple-emails#h_a899cd73e1) which may assist the signature side of things (send from their own account with their signature, but select from address).

Does that help? 🙂

I thought shared inbox was supposed to be here by now? Any update on this release?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I thought shared inbox was supposed to be here by now? Any update on this release?

I believe it’s due soon, in development is all I’ve heard 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We use a single client-facing email address and each of our users are able to reply from that email address with their own signatures.

The main issue with it is that each person on the team receives the emails in their triage so one email from a client turns into four triage entries (one for each person), but the good news is that the email is treated as one entity on the back end so if one person leaves a comment or assigns the email to a timeline, it reflects across all users' triages.

It might be easier to show than to explain, lol.

Userlevel 3
Badge

That sounds great Max! Would love to see it. Can you do a quick Loom? Or feel free to DM me.