Question

RingCentral and outbound text integration

• 19 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We currently integrate RingCentral texts with Karbon.  This works well for inbound texts.  The texts come into RingCentral, they are passed to Karbon triage just like any other email, and then we put them on a client timeline. [We use Office 365 for our email accounts].

Is there a way to set up Karbon, RingCentral, or a third party app (without a lot of headache!) to pass outbound texts sent from RingCentral into Karbon’s Triage?  A solution for this, combined with the new Karbon Triage sharing feature, would close the loop on distributing all client communications in our office via Karbon.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Stephen Roos! 😁

We currently integrate RingCentral texts with Karbon.  This works well for inbound texts.  The texts come into RingCentral, they are passed to Karbon triage just like any other email, and then we put them on a client timeline. [We use Office 365 for our email accounts].

Is there a way to set up Karbon, RingCentral, or a third party app (without a lot of headache!) to pass outbound texts sent from RingCentral into Karbon’s Triage?  A solution for this, combined with the new Karbon Triage sharing feature, would close the loop on distributing all client communications in our office via Karbon.

I’m not aware of any ways to do it without headache. 😊

Here are some options offered by ChatGPT: https://chat.openai.com/share/325ebe51-81d1-4bd3-99b6-31849e0f961c

Have you looked at Zapier? Zapier might be able to get the outbound text from RC and forward it to Karbon as an email that could get sorted, maybe?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, I looked at Zapier a while back.  Could not figure out how to make it work.  ChatGPT suggests there are API integrations...except I’m not a programmer.  I just need someone to set this up, I pay them, and my life stays simple.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Stephen Roos  It’s been while since I used RingCentral, but when sending texts I believe there is a setting that allows for a bcc or a “send me a copy of this message” function?  If so, you can essentially make yourself a recipient on each message. Thoughts?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I could probably do this but a contact sync would need to be built first. 

A couple of caveats: it would be fairly noisy depending on volume as the nature of texts are they don’t thread and it would need to be containerized into a standard object (eg assigned note, email).

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I could probably do this but a contact sync would need to be built first. 

A couple of caveats: it would be fairly noisy depending on volume as the nature of texts are they don’t thread and it would need to be containerized into a standard object (eg assigned note, email).

Interesting!  With Google Voice, our team can reply to a text within Triage and it will thread the text conversation but maybe that’s rare?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Interesting!  With Google Voice, our team can reply to a text within Triage and it will thread the text conversation but maybe that’s rare?

Can’t comment further without specific knowledge of what you are doing but I believe Google Voice does an internal text:email conversion if setup to do so with an auto forward-ish function.

In general, a normal text won’t thread like an email will; it is just a stream of messages. However, if the text provider has something similar to a ‘conversation’ function or some kind of container you could pick that up and thread.