Question

Reducing template sections to one role

Hi

I was told during my Karbon template training not to mix tasks for different roles within the same section. Why is this?

Some of our processes involve two colleagues working on one job at the same time, with the tasks often alternated between them. Each task is placed in its own section because the role has changed, resulting in a template with 50 or 60 sections, and each section contains one task. The template is therefore unwieldy and difficult to use. Why can't I create a single section with tasks for two different roles? It is possible to assign the work to a senior colleague in order to avoid confusion about ownership or accountability.

Thanks!!!

Best Regards

Jessica Layson

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Rebecca Williams Thank you will look into it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@leigh I found this really old post again as it was suggested as a related topic from another thread, but upon reading it again I’m pretty certain it’s actually a scammy spammy duplication of the one I linked in my reply! I noticed a couple of random hyperlinks in the text, and when I hover over, they definitely seem spammy!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Lusamai - I came across your answered question. You may have had it resolved but just in case you haven’t, here’s a discussion where someone else had the same question.

To summarize - automators are triggered at the Section level so including multiple roles in one section potentially loses some of that functionality. You can set them up as is best for your firm and processes though!