Question

Opening an email starts with oldest email in thread

• 27 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

When i open an email it seems to open with the oldest email in the thread first.  Is there any way to change that?  I tried to assign an email to an associate that was the result of three emails back and forth to get the current address.  I wanted to assign that last email to the associate to update the address in our tax software. But instead my associate got the full chain and has no idea what i was asking her to do.  The address itself is buried way down in the bottom of the thread. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Brian Davis! Welcome to the Karbon Community. 😀

I am not aware of any options to change how emails present themselves in Karbon, so I think you’re out of luck there. If you add a feature idea, link it here so that others who have this issue can find and vote for it.

I don’t know if this will help, but I’m trying to stress to our staff when assigning and delegating things, always add a note so that everyone is clear on the expectations, especially since the whole email thread comes through.

Someone assigned an email to me recently that was about something completely different, but at the bottom they asked about a project with which I’ve been involved. A note upon assignment is a robust way to make sure the right action is taken.

I’m curious how other people handle this situation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@max I love your idea about the note to provide clarity.  Do you actually attach a note to the email, or do they notate in the comments?  Sometimes comments can get buried in a long back and forth thread too, so we have not been as good about providing details there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@kylenecarse, we’re working through it. In my mind, certain things should be stand-alone notes (adding he email direct link is a cool new feature that makes it a more viable option). Some stand-alone notes should get pinned to the top of the timeline, while other situations just warrant a comment on the email.

It depends on how critical the information and how long you need it to present itself.