Skip to main content
Question

Misc. Client Uploads

• 19 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Occasionally a client will receive a document they need to share with us and they do not have a work item/request open or the work item that is open is not related to the document. 

Is there a way that the client can upload the document into the portal securely on their own without an open work item/request?

We have created an independent miscellaneous document request for this issue, but it seems that it is a poor work around and requires us to send the request after the client has notified us they need to share a document with us. The other issue is that they are unable to upload so they email it to us (even though they have been instructed to never do so) and it is not secure.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Curious if anyone has a solution to this. We currently have the client upload to Dropbox for this type of situation.

Userlevel 1

Same.  We have them upload to Google Drive for this kind of situation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We use the ad hoc document request work item in Karbon or a “Request Document” feature in OneDrive for this. The downside is that the OneDrive feature only works with a personal OneDrive and not a SharePoint document library. I’d love it if Karbon had a drop-box feature in the client portal for those who use the login. I don’t like having a wide-open link available for anyone to send files. This is how Wawa was hacked a couple years ago.

If you put in a feature idea, comment the link here and I will vote for it. 😀