Question

How to you encourage your team to keep on top of their Triage and To Do list?

• 14 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi guys,

It’d be great to hear your personal experiences. Especially when it comes to Monthly recurring work which includes a number of tasks to be completed, sometimes To Do lists can become quite chunky (although can be cleared very quickly and easily usually).

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would love it if the cleared triage icon was different each time to incentivise the team to do this and take a photo - like a sunflower one day or a smiley face.

Reminds me of Asana where you’d have narwhals flying across your screen with rainbows when you’d complete a task. Karbon is definitely missing the “fun” aspect that other project management tools seem to get. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I would love it if the cleared triage icon was different each time to incentivise the team to do this and take a photo - like a sunflower one day or a smiley face.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

We have a place where we can post a picture of our cleared Triage visual.  It becomes a contest to see who else can get theirs cleared.  We also designate time each day to dealing with Triage so it doesn’t get out of hand.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

We hold a daily team meeting (10 am in our case) where our team log in remotely (we’re working a hybrid system).

We usually ask 2 questions - 1) what are you going to finish today? 2) what do you need help with?

When we first started using Karbon, we started with - What is the number in triage? and then asked the other 2 questions. By people reporting their number meant that they then were self checking and making sure that they started to deal with their own triage.

We also were able to start with the people with the highest number in triage and share screens to work through on best practice with them or put on team training so that the team could join in. We shared by working through our own portfolio and used filters to manage the notifications, then mentions and finally client emails.

Also, we asked one team member to be responsible for various actions - so one of my team will share best practice on emails, another has written a few templates/workflows. This disseminates work through the team, but also gives ownership to other members.

We’ve also done a ‘Karbon’ feature in an operational team meeting where we’ve done a ‘what I’ve learnt with Karbon this week’ internal spotlight.