Question

How do I manage active users?

• 16 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

How do I manage what users are active or not?

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@MariaV two good places to look are Work Insights and Email Insights to review the Colleague leaderboards: https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/1524618-overview-of-insights . Click Insights from the main menu. Also, you can you use the Work (Kanban) and review the details by Assignee or Colleagues Involved to monitor the throughput or you can go to To Dos and review the To Do of a colleague and look at what is in their queue and what is Completed. Be sure to leverage filters in Karbon to view the different states of Work or Tasks (e.g. Completed).

Thanks for this information Ian.  As part of my weekly standup with each team member, we are starting to reviews their Todo lists and talking about which views are more efficient, discuss why due dates are missed and solutions and tips for Karbon as well.  We just started this and I can already tell that it will be helpful. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@MariaV

If you asked about active users did you mean their efficiency or active = who is working now?

You already received and answer about user efficiency but if you are asking how to check in Karbon who is working now you can use Time (left menu):
Time -> check time allocation for your particular user or whole team i.e. today/week and you will know on what your team is working

Ewa, the efficiency is more or less what I was referring to.  But this is good information to have as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@MariaV Following up on what Ian said, if you see a lot of open ToDos and you know for a fact they have been completed, then it’s likely they are not using Karbon.

Also a good indicator is if they are @ mentioning you on email threads.  Likewise if you are @ mentioning them and they never respond, then they are probably not using Karbon since that is the only place they would see those comments.

This is really good information.  I have been paying more and more attention on whether my staff is working off their todo list and paying attention to the due dates.  These are good indicators.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Would it be helpful if you had a page in settings letting you know when people were first and last active in Karbon?

It would be nice to have an option which display Active users now:

Active user list:
User name -> total hours allocated today
Actual working on -> time allocation based on running Timer

I could see how this would be helpful.  But I was actually more referring to a users activity and whether they were actually using Karbon.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Would it be helpful if you had a page in settings letting you know when people were first and last active in Karbon?

It would be nice to have an option which display Active users now:

Active user list:
User name -> total hours allocated today
Actual working on -> time allocation based on running Timer

Userlevel 1
Badge

@MariaV 

If you asked about active users did you mean their efficiency or active = who is working now?

You already received and answer about user efficiency but if you are asking how to check in Karbon who is working now you can use Time (left menu):
Time -> check time allocation for your particular user or whole team i.e. today/week and you will know on what your team is working

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@MariaV Following up on what Ian said, if you see a lot of open ToDos and you know for a fact they have been completed, then it’s likely they are not using Karbon.

Also a good indicator is if they are @ mentioning you on email threads.  Likewise if you are @ mentioning them and they never respond, then they are probably not using Karbon since that is the only place they would see those comments.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@MariaV two good places to look are Work Insights and Email Insights to review the Colleague leaderboards: https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/1524618-overview-of-insights . Click Insights from the main menu. Also, you can you use the Work (Kanban) and review the details by Assignee or Colleagues Involved to monitor the throughput or you can go to To Dos and review the To Do of a colleague and look at what is in their queue and what is Completed. Be sure to leverage filters in Karbon to view the different states of Work or Tasks (e.g. Completed).