Exploring the Integration of AI in Accounting: Let's Discuss! šŸ¤–šŸ“Š

• 27 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
  • Sr. Karbon Community Guide
  • 1142 replies

Hello fellow Karbonites,

With the rapid advancements in artificial intelligence (AI), I feel like our industry is on the verge of something incredibleā€¦Ā like we haveĀ discovered the wheel but canā€™t quite figure out how to use it.

I'm considering hosting a video call on Microsoft Teams to discuss the challenges and opportunities of integrating AI into accounting practices. The session aims to:

• Provide an introduction to the potential of AI in accounting.
  • Discuss the challenges we face in harnessing this technology.
  • Share real-world examples and insights.
  • Offer resources for further exploration.

If you have experience or if you know someone who would be a great guest speaker, let me know. Iā€™d love to have time set aside forĀ a few specific examples/demonstrations.

Would anyone be interested in joining such a discussion? If yes, please comment below or send me a direct message. Also, if you have specific topics or questions you'd like to be addressed, feel free to share.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@max, both @Whitney SaundersĀ and myself would definitely be interested in sitting in on this!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I am interested as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hereā€™s one tool Iā€™ve been testing a little:Ā https://formless.ai/c/7ISJ6OcPAg74

Iā€™m curious what yā€™all think of the user experience on the receiving end of it.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hereā€™s one tool Iā€™ve been testing a little:Ā https://formless.ai/c/7ISJ6OcPAg74

Iā€™m curious what yā€™all think of the user experience on the receiving end of it.

Would you be using this to get a feel whether a client is a fit for your firm? My feedback is that itā€™s very ā€œAIā€ in response, basically reiterating what I input but with added acknowledgment. I do like the idea of using it as a form of sorts, more interactive with how you obtain information.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thatā€™s interesting feedback. I have it set to maximum chattiness, so I wonder if I turn that down if you would have a better feeling interacting with it.

My thought with something like formless.ai is to make completely non-human interactions with our firm (intake forms, feedback requests, etc.) a little more interactive and intelligent. I am NOT intending to replace human interactions with AI. Weā€™re trying our best to go the other way and move toward human or human-centric means of communication where we are mechanical now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@maxĀ Please include me. I feel if I do not learn more I will be left way too far behind.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

the formless.ai is cool. i submitted a response. open for a time to chat for sure. let me know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@maxĀ Please include me. I feel if I do not learn more I will be left way too far behind.

I apologize that I didnā€™t see this until now! Of course I will include you. šŸ˜ I am doing some reading and learning now that I think will be useful in a group discussion.

the formless.ai is cool. i submitted a response. open for a time to chat for sure. let me know!

Iā€™ll announce a meeting hereā€¦Ā I am not ready yet, lol.

Ā 

Have any of you used Booke.ai?