Question

Does the Time and Budget feature only work if you are connected to QuickBooks Time?

• 7 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

In reading some of the Time and Budget posts, it seems that some firms are using the Time and Budget feature and they are not connected to QuickBooks Time.  I don’t know that for a fact but that is the impression I get.  Is that possible?

I initially started the setup for the integration but never completed it.  When I go to disconnect the sync I get a message that I will no longer be able to track time in Karbon.  My thinking was to get more comfortable with the Time and Budget features before turning on the integration.

I would appreciate any clarification on this.  Thanks all!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We recently killed our QBT integration and are experimenting with keeping time in Karbon only (a small team is double-posting their time).

I can confirm that you can kill the integration and still keep time in Karbon. I think the message is a hold-over from before Karbon had its own timer/time-keeping functions.

How did it work out?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Yes, it is possible to use Time and Budgets without connecting to QB Time. Our firm is currently moving away from QB Time and using just Karbon for time tracking instead. 

Someone else may have more insight into the integration of Karbon and QB Time, however, disconnecting the integration should not affect your ability to use the time tracking feature in Karbon.

Thank you so much.  I guess I will turn it off temporarily and see what happens.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Yes, it is possible to use Time and Budgets without connecting to QB Time. Our firm is currently moving away from QB Time and using just Karbon for time tracking instead. 

Someone else may have more insight into the integration of Karbon and QB Time, however, disconnecting the integration should not affect your ability to use the time tracking feature in Karbon.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

OUr firm uses the time and budget feature and we are not connected to quickbooks time.