Question

Disassociate an organization with a person

• 29 November 2021
  • 2 replies

We have a married client who got divorced.  We  originally set them up individually in Karbon and then associated them with an organization, i.e., individually:  James Smith  Jane Smith  Organization:  Smith, James and Jane.  The work was associated with the organization for the couple.

Now that they are divorced we will still complete their individual  returns.  I made the organization inactive and removed it from the individual records.  However, when I look up Jane Smith the organization still appears in parentheses next to her name.  I thought that removing the association in her individual record would eliminate it so I was surprised to see it.

Any ideas on how to remove this association, assuming it can be removed?

2 replies

Hey Brooks,

I did that yesterday when setting them up but it didn’t not work make a difference.  However, when I  logged in this morning, it has taken which makes me think I needed to log out and then back in to see this change.  Good to know for future changes.

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Diane,

If you go to the Details tab on their individual contact, click on View Card, then Edit.  Once you do that, you should be able to click the X next to the Organization, and that should remove their association from that Organization.  Let me know if that does not work, because that is what I would attempt to do in this situation, and if that doesn’t work, it would be helpful to know.