Solved

Disable client comment notification to admin

• 27 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi,

Is there a way to disable admin from receiving all the tax checklist comments that the accountant sent ?

Thank you :)

icon

Best answer by SamG 6 November 2023, 23:22

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Lina Ting - can you provide some clarifying information? Who are you referring to when you say admin? Is this someone in your firm, or a client you are sending tasks to?

If it’s an internal person, all notes/emails/comments have a notification toggle which can be turned on or off:

It will automatically turn on whenever someone gets included in a conversation, for example if they get tagged, if they create the thread, if a checklist is sent from them. If the notification toggle is turned off, it won’t show in their triage unless they are directly tagged again.

If you’re talking about notification emails clients receive when a comment is made, these can’t be turned off.

Thank you @Rebecca Williams . Our internal admin sets up the karbon job and when we send our tax checklist via client request, our internal admin will receive comments and notifications. Is there a way to turn off comments to their triage from client request tasks or would we have to go into each comment and disable one by one ? So sorry for the silly questions. Thank you again for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lina Ting they will need to turn off each one. If this is a setting you think would be useful, you could create a feature idea with details:

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thank you @Rebecca Williams . Our internal admin sets up the karbon job and when we send our tax checklist via client request, our internal admin will receive comments and notifications. Is there a way to turn off comments to their triage from client request tasks or would we have to go into each comment and disable one by one ? So sorry for the silly questions. Thank you again for your help. 

@Lina Ting I am interested to know.. as from my understanding setting up the Work item should not result in you receiving the notifications - notifications only go to the Work Assignee and the Sender of the Client Request (Karbon Help)

Who is Assigned the Work item? The admin or the tax team? 🙂

Thank you so much Sam. I think you have just solved our problem. Our tax team sends the checklist out and often Admin is the assignee on the job. If I understand correctly, once we change the job assignee to the tax team, that will reduce admin’s notifications.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thank you so much Sam. I think you have just solved our problem. Our tax team sends the checklist out and often Admin is the assignee on the job. If I understand correctly, once we change the job assignee to the tax team, that will reduce admin’s notifications.

Yep, that should do the trick! 🙂🤞🏾

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lina Ting I am interested to know.. as from my understanding setting up the Work item should not result in you receiving the notifications - notifications only go to the Work Assignee and the Sender of the Client Request (Karbon Help)

@SamG I would add there’s a third:

• Work assignee
  • The user who task is sent from
  • The user who sends the task

i.e. if I, Rebecca click the button to send a task from Client Success for work assigned to a Bookkeeper, all three of us will get the notification!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@SamG I would add there’s a third:

• Work assignee
  • The user who task is sent from
  • The user who sends the task

i.e. if I, Rebecca click the button to send a task from Client Success for work assigned to a Bookkeeper, all three of us will get the notification!

I did wonder that because I thought that’s how it worked too. But it’s missing from the article/it isn’t clear on who it means by “sender” of the task - probably because Karbon marks the task as “Sent” by the person it is sent from, even if that person didn’t initiate it 😵

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I did wonder that because I thought that’s how it worked too. But it’s missing from the article/it isn’t clear on who it means by “sender” of the task - probably because Karbon marks the task as “Sent” by the person it is sent from, even if that person didn’t initiate it 😵

@SamG yea - I think in most cases it’s the same person! But whenever a person interacts with a task (leaving a comment, sending, changing statuses etc.), it turns on the notification toggle!