Question

Colleague to edit my draft emails

Hi, 

I’m new to the Karbon community. I am wanting to know if there is a way for my supervisor to edit my drafted emails before I send them to a client? Kind of like a final approval before I press send.

Cheers

Chrissy

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Chrissy Morgan! Welcome to the Karbon community. 😀

I like your idea. I played around with a few options, and I couldn’t come up with anything that was workable. What you could do is draft your email as a note on the appropriate timeline, assign to the person reviewing it, and then copy/paste it into the body of the actual email upon approval.

If you put in a feature idea for comments on draft emails, post the link below and others may find this and go vote for it.

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Chrissy Morgan Welcome!! So glad you’re here.

@max Is right that there isn’t currently a way to comment on draft emails. This would make a great feature request that I would definitely vote for.

The only workaround that I could think of is using the scheduled send feature. After you schedule an email to be sent, you are able to comment on it and tag others. Of course you would want to schedule it far enough out that it doesn’t actually send until it’s been reviewed and approved. If you need to edit it, you can simply cancel the scheduled send and make your edits. 

Scheduled emails show in the Scheduled list until under the Triage menu item they are actually sent. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I love your idea, @jens! I’ll give that a try. I have not utilized scheduled emails very effectively, but I would like to, especially since I like to work after hours.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@max I’m a big fan of scheduled emails! We also work across multiple time zones, so it helps to be able to schedule an email to hit a partner’s inbox after the start of their work day instead of it being caught up with the rest of the emails that came in since they last checked emails. It might be wishful thinking, but my hope is that it will get their attention quicker that way. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I too love scheduled emails and heard of this workaround for draft emails that need to be reviewed (but is no good if reviewer is supposed to send themselves).

In Outlook, preparer would send to reviewer/sender who would forward to client (removing FW: and preparer’s signature, if not drafter with sender’s signature). This was okay, a minor inconvenience to make the edits but relatively workable. It doesn’t work as well in Karbon (imo) because forwarding is more cumbersome and leaves a trail of effects that I don’t like being applied by default!
(Link to old/original/draft email - not always useful, additional clicks to open the email - never useful!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I use the scheduled emails too and really like that feature.

Karbon do have shared emails coming on their timeline so this is something that could be looked at then. I’d need someone more technical (or a Karbon employee) to confirm when this is happening.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Shared Triage is coming, but no date has been specified. I expect by the end of the year or possibly early next year.

Userlevel 1

Hi

@Chrissy Morgan , there is a way around, but it may not be practical for you, if you have created a job then you can add a client task in the job tasks, you can draft the email and assign it to your manager once approved, you can send it directly from the client task. Thanks