Skip to main content

It would be great to get a straight answer on this.  I can see that the question has been floating around for years in regards to a client portal / document exchange.

There currently isn’t (that I’m aware of) a way for a client to “log in” to a client portal and upload documents without us creating a request.  There isn’t a way (that I’m aware of) for documents to remain available for a client (like SA302’s) to log into and retrieve them in the future without creating a request etc.

Can you advise if this is perhaps coming in with e-sign / approval, or if it’s not on the roadmap.  As a practice, we have moved from Accountancy Manager / Bright Manager, and we kept a minimal subscription, and clients are still uploading to it because we can’t offer them an alternative.

We are going to look into various options, but don’t want to sign up for something if it’s imminent on Karbon - if you are going to suggest a work around, this isn’t what I’m looking for - I’d just like it to work logically without having to create random open requests which clients are instructed never to close.

Hi @Nick Hampton, welcome to the Karbon community! 😁

Karbon is rebuilding the client portal experience now, so the best thing to do is to get your feature ideas in now so people can vote on what’s important to them. The developers take the community votes into consideration when building the product.

As for how the portal works now, it’s very focused on individual work items. There isn’t a deaddrop area where clients can upload whatever documents they want whenever they want. Karbon is built on the idea that you are doing a standardized work item and requesting documents from your clients as part of that work item.

Your clients can log in and see past documents that have been sent to and received from your firm for up to the most recent 100 work items.

The Karbon portal system has worked well for our firm; however, I know it’s not everyone’s favorite setup.