Solved

Change Automators In Repeating Work

• 27 October 2023
  • 3 replies

We are trying to change how some tasklist automators are set up for repeating work items. I checked Karbon’s website, and automators aren’t on the list of info that is carried forward to future work items. Is there a way to edit the automators on repeating work items so that future work items also reflect the change?

icon

Best answer by Rebecca Williams 28 October 2023, 01:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Bhakti - as long as the tasks in the future work item haven’t been created yet, changes you make to automators should pull through, as long as the changes are made in the newest work item. When a work item in a series creates the tasks, it duplicates whatever was in the previous one in the series (i.e. task details, assignees, dates, automators etc.).

Can you link the article you read? Were automators excluded or were they just not referenced specifically as something included? Have you tested it with your own work items?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Bhakti In addition to what @Rebecca Williams provided, if you have a few repeating work items which have already created the tasks with the Automator's you want to change/update, after performing this in the earliest instance of the work, I found I just had to go to each of the following instances (in order) and Rest the work to the last work item. This way it would then pull the changes in.

Hi @Rebecca Williams, thank you for the clarification!

Here is the link to the article I read. Automators are not listed under data that is carried forward, nor is it listed under data that is not carried forward.