Skip to main content

I’m working on a work template that requires automators to do different things based on the status of a specific task. I got the whole template set up and went to add the automator: (if the status of the task is “Priority 1”, mark Section 2 as “ready to start”) but it only lets me select one of the default five task statuses for the automator. I’ve already gone into workflow settings and made sure that my custom task type has “task status” enabled for my custom statuses, and I’ve even tried editing the default work type to try and get my automator to accept the custom statuses, but nothing worked. As a potential workaround I tried to set the automator so it was based on the status of the whole work item and not the status of the task, and that worked fine and let me select my custom status. But this workaround could cause other problems in the future and I would much rather it be based on the status of the task. Does anyone know if there’s a way to fix this issue?

Hi @Finlay Smith, welcome to the Karbon community! 😁

That’s a great question! I don’t think it’s an option, but it’s an interesting idea.

If you put in a feature idea, comment the link here so others can vote for it. 😀