Question

Adding additional timelines to notes in tasks

• 15 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

When a comment is added to a task, the comment is automatically assigned to that task in the Timeline.  However, there doesn’t seem to be a way to add additional timelines to that comment.

In my specific scenario I have a comment in a task related to Q2-2023 estimated taxes.  I want to be reminded about the contents of that comment when I review the Q3 and Q4 estimated tax Work Items, and maybe when I prepare the tax return after year end.  It would be simple if I could add the comment to more Timelines.  Otherwise, the only workaround is to remember to cut and paste the comment into another Work item, Task, or Contact timeline, correct?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Stephen Roos Welcome to the Karbon community!

You are correct. When you comment on a task within a work item, that information isn’t included on any work item timeline and you won’t see if on future work items in the repeating work schedule. 

Here are a couple work arounds. 

If you want to see that information in a future work item on the same repeating work schedule, instead of adding the information as a comment on a task, you could update the description area on the task. Anything written in the description area will be pulled forward to the next work item when that work item’s task list is created. Alternatively, you can do what is described below on the next work item in the repeating work schedule.

If you’d like to be reminded of the information in a comment on a task when you are in a work item that is not part of that same repeating work schedule, you could include a note on the other work’s timeline with a link back to the task where the comment exists. You can also pin that note so that it remains at the top of the work’s timeline. 

To create a link to a specific task in a work item, click on the three dots on the right of the task and select Copy Task Link.

To pin a note to the top of timeline, click on three dots on the right side of the header on the note and select Pin.

Hope that helps!