Work-around: Email templates

• 25 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

When sending out multiple emails at a time or sending out the same email to clients on a regular basis, I’ve found that having the ability to easily pull a templated email to send off quickly has been a time-saver. While Karbon doesn’t have email templates, here’s a suggestion I have for those that would like the ability to do this in Karbon.  

• Create a work item called “Email templates”

• Give it a start date and a due date far in the future, so it doesn't pop into your work view or to-do list. 

• Use the work type of Internal.  

• Send emails to yourself using the subject line as the type of email and then add that email from Triage to the work item "Email templates". 

This way, you can easily copy from these emails and paste into a new email to the client.

8 replies

Badge

For some reason I am not visualizing how this works, but certainly one of my pain points currently in not having templates. Is this something you could do a video example of and attach?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I would love to just have the ability to have email templates natively within Karbon. Both as an option to send ad hoc and as an option to send as a scheduled work item.

Badge +1

Erin - do you think you could make a quick video on how to do this? I followed your steps but I think I’m missing something but I really could use this work around as we need templates!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @AHJohn @max @cathy.imes sorry about the wait!! Here is a recording of setting it up; 

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions or thoughts :)

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone, 

Share this neat little feature for Mac users - it’s easy to setup and means you only have to type a few characters where you’d like to add the template…

Badge

I like this idea!  Good workaround!

Userlevel 2

Yes, I’ve been asking for email templates forever 1-2 years now!

Badge +1

For any firm with substantial need for text snippets, I couldn’t recommend TextExpander more highly. It is a true power tool for standardized, recurring text and can be rolled out firm wide.