What's your top used Karbon dashboards?

• 16 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

If you missed it, check out today’s webinar with @Ian Vacin and I https://karbonhq.com/resources/The-work-dashboards-that-provide-visibility-clarity-control/ where will talked about Karbon dashboards.

For the presentation I shared two of my dashboards: Payroll and Employee Retention Credit;  to show examples of a simple and complex dashboard view.

What are your favorite dashboards? Do you have any tips / tricks on how you determine and build your Karbon work dashboards?

Also - how do you say Kanban?

I’m team can-ban. :)

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing those, Kylene!

I have two that I’m using frequently for payroll right now

• Payroll work this week
  • Payroll work next week

Here’s my recipe:

• Filter #1: Assignee (defaults to me, but can also function as a placeholder that is easily adjusted or removed to oversee the team as a whole)
  • Filter #2: Status (everything except completed)
  • Filter #3: Work Type (all payroll work types - we have a few types for setups, manual, autopilot, project)
  • Filter #4: Due Date - Within Date Range (this allows me to filter the list down to only the payrolls that have processing deadlines within this/next week and allows me to take into consideration bank holidays and weekends that affect those deadlines)

I have others … I might be one of those that have too many. :wink: But I do hop back to My Work at times to double check that I haven’t missed anything I’m assigned.

And I’m definitely team Can-Ban! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Also Team Can-Ban!

And definitely have many dashboards but in my role I need to look at work by team, so have several that are filtered by Colleague Involved so I can see capacity by team (Budgets), revenue (Fixed Fees), and work completed in specific time periods.  And then I will also have ones specific to work like HST Due this month for example.  

I really like the payroll example as well - need to get my teams to work on that one.

Every so often I do go through my list of dashboards and clean it up.

I am also so happy to be able to share my dashboards with the each team’s leadership so they can see exactly what I am looking at and be ready for me when we talk about it.