Question

What are others preferred tools?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

What are others preferred tools? i.e. password management

14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Our entire team is using Keeper. It’s working great - no complaints. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We use Practice Protect for cyber security.  All of our APPs on one platform with a single sign in that uses 2 factor verification. 

It’s easy to use and allows for much better controls on access, onboarding and offboarding team members.  And most importantly I only have to remember 1 password at any given time.  

Our whole team is loving it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

We use Practice Protect for cyber security.  All of our APPs on one platform with a single sign in that uses 2 factor verification. 

It’s easy to use and allows for much better controls on access, onboarding and offboarding team members.  And most importantly I only have to remember 1 password at any given time.  

@Victoria Peters how do you find it works with client-shared logins where the client provides you their login credentials? We were told that would block the client from logging in.

They also don’t have a great process for accessing mobile apps. If you add a login to PP and you want to access the mobile app, it will open your browser instead. Kinda frustrating and they need to fix that asap, in my opinion.

We use 1Password.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

LastPass is great 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Victoria Peters how do you find it works with client-shared logins where the client provides you their login credentials? We were told that would block the client from logging in.

They also don’t have a great process for accessing mobile apps. If you add a login to PP and you want to access the mobile app, it will open your browser instead. Kinda frustrating and they need to fix that asap, in my opinion.

We use 1Password.

LastPass is great 

@blueprintbrian  Fair.  We try to avoid shared logins as much as possible but unfortunately there will be some outliers.  Always more that can be done for cyber security. 

I find PP works well with Karbon on my phone but I understand the frustration with other apps.  Definitely room for improvement.  

LastPass has been the best.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

We use LastPass and it’s been great! Easy to onboard new employees and share pertinent passwords with them. Simple and secure to share client passwords among team members when needed. We keep client passwords hidden and read only to the team for an added layer of security.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We tried a few different tools and then discovered LastPass, never looked back! It’s great and you can have it on your phone as well which is always handy when you travel.

We use ElePass for password collection from clients! https://app.elepass.io/get-started?ref=33eb7e4ae43f9873d9c84c0f07b055946b24a71ca27daa60acbbf95b44c7c5e0

Badge

LastPass!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

LastPass is brilliant, we are trialing Microsoft Authenticator as its free with our MO365 licenses and its fine, it works but doesn’t impress 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Does anyone put a username/password inside a task? When we were being sold on Karbon, I noted that the previous software we were using had a “vault” with each account where you would place passwords and that needed another password to see them. He said Karbon is so secure that we can just put the passwords in the tasks themselves - but we are a bit unsure about that. 

Badge

Another vote for LastPass.  I’ve been using LastPass for a couple of years now and couldn’t function without it.

Tim Charles

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I use NordPass for password management specifically.
More generally (which I more think is the intent of the question?) for CRM, Opportunities, Agreements, Help Centre, Ticketing I use a custom app I built (but not live yet). Karbon for project management and Calendly etc.